“Great Get away with Style!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Decker Hotel 1875

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maquoketa
Decker Hotel 1875
You added Decker Hotel 1875 to your Saves list
128 North Main Street, Maquoketa, IA 52060 (Formerly Decker House Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Maquoketa
Des Moines Iowa
“Great Get away with Style!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2006

The Decker house has a charm all in itself I enjoyed talking to the owners and even met one of their children. The hospitality is warm and friendly. I ate in the resturaunt and had a few drinks down in the pub.
I would stay in the comfortable, cozy rooms again. There clean and quiet.
If your looking for something unique and different and not to far to dine, rest, and have a few drinks, along with relaxation,and shops near bye you should stay here!
The food is excellent, with very good waitstaff and cooks!!
Thanks for the Great weeknd!

• Liked — People and friendly attmosphere, you feel as if you belong
  • Disliked — Could not stay longer than I had time too
  • Tips/Secrets — Relax enjoy the small town theme and the wonderful people
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carol Stream
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

It is a one of a kind experience!!!! I actually loved it !!!! it is antique and old!!!! But after the remodelling it looks new!!! But I have this thought in my head that this property might be haunted!!! It looks old and haunted!!!! I was actually scared to stay there at first but then I loved it!!!!

• Liked — creepiness and antiques
  • Disliked — it was perfect
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2006

My wife and I love to get to small getaways about once a quarter. We heard from some friends that a nice weekend was spent at the Decker Hotel. This weekend was one of a kind. The atmosphere is wonderful. I saw pictures that the owners had before they fixed the place up. They did a wonderful job and very classy. My meal was excellent. Food and second-to-none service. We went downstairs to a bar for a night cap and my wife and I had a wonderful night together. Kudos to the Decker.

Travlers from Wisconsin

• Stayed January 2006
pekin IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

My wife and I, along with another couple, stayed at the Decker House Hotel the weekend of October 15-16. As it was the 2nd stay for all four of us, we knew what to expect:great service, fun bar, beautiful rooms, all at reasonable prices. The hotel was full, so we had to get the smaller rooms, which were fine. The only drawback was a tiny shower. Other than that minor problem, the stay was great. The place was busy, so we didn't eat there, had dinner in town at The Loft, which is to be avoided at all costs. We wish we had waited to eat in the Decker restaurant like we had on the previous trip. We love this hotel, with the beautiful renovations, and the warmth the staff shows the patrons. We'll be back again soon.

• Stayed October 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2005

good place to spend halloween. I was visiting a friend and I think my room was haunted. I got an eerie feeling and then later that night my electricity went out and I had to switch rooms. It was quite riviting, but I felt very welcome by the people there...that were alive.

• Stayed July 2005
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

We were excited to eat at Decker House Hotel Restaurant after hearing great things but so truly disappointed! The hostess was clueless as to where to seat us. The waitress "disappeared" for a long, long time and we wondered if she would ever come back to even take our orders. The menu selection was very limited. The food was over cooked and cold - the vegetables looked like left-overs warmed up from four days ago! Yuck! To top it off, we woke up at 3am with horrible stomach cramps. Will never, ever eat there again!

• Stayed June 2005
mikeq1948, Owner at Decker Hotel 1875, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear traveler, I apologize for your last visit to the Decker. My brother and I bought the Hotel in February of 2013. We invite you to come back and experience our quality food, accommodations and friendly and professional staff. We are now approaching our first year and have acquired quite a few great reviews. Come back and give us a try. Look me up or mention this response to my staff and I will give you a nights stay in one of our beautiful rooms. I will also discount your meal just to show you that you are important to us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

My wife and I spent a weekend there in feb. of 2004 to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. We felt that the care that the staff gives is more like coming home than being away. We already have a room reserved for this feb. 2005 to celebrate year 3.

Thanks Decker House

Lingle Family Clinton Iowa

Been to Decker Hotel 1875? Share your experiences!