“Just so-so” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1201 Hawkeye Ave., Le Mars, IA 51031 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn / Le Mars)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Le Mars
Denver, Colorado
“Just so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We pre-paid for 4 nights and notified them in advance that we would be checking in around 3 am. When we arrived, they could not get the computer to accept our checkin, but it showed us as a "no-show". They asked us to contact the website we used to reserve the room for corrections. They never responded to me. Upon checkout, the power in just our room blew and we had to finish getting packed up by flashlight. They were very nice, but overall it was very frustrating. The room was clean though. I am not sure what the continental breakfast was like since we never ate there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fonda, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Founds the Econo Lodge to be an efficiently run hotel with good service and nicely prepared rooms. The continental style breakfast was well thought out and appropriate for the traveler.
Good parking and affordable. Most of all, the folks there are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Right near Walmart in the south of town, lots of parking for big trucks and horse trailers. Clean, well serviced double queen beds, smallish bath, very clean. Helpful front desk staff. The feature that the kids enjoyed most was the pool and hot tub area. After a day in the heat and dust, it was a pleasure to relax in the pool. The breakfasts are fine but it's not Perkins.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor are actually below ground level, can be noisy with car sounds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maplewood, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's not fair to call America's budget chain motels "average". Try traveling to Europe and you'll find out that the "average" budget chain motel in the U.S. is pretty dang good! And, thus it is with this Econo Lodge. In this case "average" is a high compliment. My rating for this Econo Lodge is "average", but that means GOOD! because that's what budget chain motels are. They have standards that they usually do a pretty good job of keeping. You can't rate budget chain motels like you would a Radisson or Hyatt or higher priced chain (Five circles? Whoa!), but the quality, the cleanliness, the service, the amenities, and most of all, the price are all predictably pretty good. The continental breakfast at this Econo Lodge is very basic, but you have to remember what you are paying and not expect more. There's only one thing that I have to be observant of: The doors at the end of the hallways are left open. That means that, over the years, a slight, but noticeable stale smell from the smoking floors has permeated the stair wells of the non-smoking rooms. However, this stale smell does not extend into the non-smoking rooms. I repeat, it does not extend into the non-smoking room itself, and it is not a reason to avoid this property. But I suppose that just the mere thought will chase some people away. Whatever. How much time do you spend in a stair well anyway? I'm just being honest. Since you'll know about my one and only observation (Notice that I don't call it a complaint or critique.), if you stay here don't claim that you didn't know. Would I stay here again? There's absolutely no reason not to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this motel twice. Both times my room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous. Very Professional. Night staff made me fill welcome and the morning staff asked me how my stay was. The breakfast was more than I expected. Plenty to eat. Was restocked twice while I was eating. I travel regularly and I must say this is the nicest motel that I have stayed in in a long time. Price was very reasonable. Lowest that I have paid in a long time. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to LeMars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I will most likely come back to this hotel the next time I am in town!! Such an amazing place. The people are great with making sure you get what you need and they also make sure your stay will be perfect. Everyone is do friendly an open to help you with anything and everything! The rooms are really nice, clean, smell nice and just all around perfect! The pool and hot tub are also amazing great relaxing time after a long day :) I must say my experience here was a great one!! I will be coming back to this hotel from here on out when I visit le mars. Thank you all for the wonderful time my boyfriend and I had :)
Sincerely Andrea and Cris :)

• Stayed April 2013
Lakeville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A family member booked this hotel for us and after reading some recent reviews, I wasn't sure what we were going to find especially with cleanliness. However the room, beds, and bathroom were clean. The breakfast was average. The staff was friendly. The only disappointment was the pool area was closed which, when traveling with a family, the pool is a big deal for the kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!