“Had a great steak!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Had a great steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stop in after stopping for the night. Heard from a friend who used to live in LeClaire if had eatten at Sneaky Pete' s but had already planned on it. Steak was GREAT ! Loved atmosphere. This is not a fancy place but very down to earth and had a great steakrthat what we were here for... saloon was what was expected friendly service and perfect dive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
“The hoagie was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

had a burger and a hoagie get the hoagie well worth it skip the burger. wait staff very nice
okay place, more than likely won't go there again will try different venue next time in town love the wild river winery great place bought a case of wine

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bettendorf
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from visiting a friend in Le Claire. I hadn't eaten there in years so thought it might be nice for a change. The inside hasn't changed at all in 30 years. There are still the same old, dirty, dusty ties hanging from the ceiling, you eat at a picnic table that is covered with an old plastic tablecloth. The picnic benches are not comfortable at all.
My husband and I each ordered a steak. His was the New York strip which cost over $18.00! For that amount he expected a spectacular steak but he was sorely disappionted. He ate half and didn't even want to bring the rest home. For that price and the way he loves steak I was surprised that it was so bad he wouldn't bring the rest home. I ordered the T-bone, It was very thin, gristly and fatty. Very littls actual meat on it and it cost over $17.00. With your dinner you are allowed one side dish and a visit to the salad bar along with a slice of Texas toast. I've never been a fan of Texas toast so I asked to leave that off my entree. The waitress replied that was good since they were out of it. When I got my meal, they had topped my steak with a slice of cheap, white bread that was grilled on one side and soggy on the other. Really, who eats this stuff? I rodered the baked beans as my side and was disappointed in them as well. There really was no flavor in them. They were just plain beans. The waitress said they were flavored with garlic an onion but I didn't taste even a hint of either. My husband ordered a baked potato with his meal and it looked fine. The salad bar was nothing to write home about. There was a bowl of lettuce, not ice berg which is nice and it had some cabbage in it, If you wanted to make a tossed salad you could add some tomatoes and raw, white onions. I've never seen white onions on a salad bar before, they're usually red. The cucumber salad was very good and the cole slaw was pretty good though.
Our waitress was friendly although the service was extremly slow. She offered to take my daughter's cup of tea off the bill because she had forgotten to bring it which was nice.
I stopped in the restroom because my hands were sticky from something on the table and was going to use the toilet until I saw it. It was absolutely, disgustingly filthy. There was no way I was going to use it so I rinsed my hands and left. My daughter had to go to the bathroom but decided to just wait until we got home.
The highlights of the visit were the friendly waitress and the cucumber salad on the salad bar. The rest of the food was either mediocre or bad and the service was very slow.
My husband had mentioned earlier in the week about going there for St. Valentine's day since he had heard they were having a special. During our meal I mentioned this to him and he said, "I've already decided we're not coming here again".

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a couple of burgers and drinks. The burgers were bland, no fries available. The salad bar is nothing spectacular. The atmosphere fit the burger. Bland. Nothing bad but nothing really good either

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Try a different restaurant.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Best thing is small view of Mississippi river, burger below average , sneaky pete's must get it's name for the fact that they don't serve their burger with fries or chips, your sandwich comes with a gross looking salad bar served in a bathtub. (really) ,For sub par taste go here. Blah. Lots of places to eat try a different place .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere