“Awesome time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spring Valley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knoxville
Spring Valley Bed and Breakfast
1567 Rutledge Street, Knoxville, IA 50138   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Knoxville B&B and Inns
Lansing, Kansas
“Awesome time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent two nights and they spoiled us each night. Breakfast were great! they made us feel very welcome and gave tours of the farm, helped my 9 year old do some fishing and, even supplied the s'more fixings for the campfire. Thanks for your hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
yorkshie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

stayed there for two years now this will be our third.
two things to watch out for .
1. the owners are so nice you will not want to go home.
2.the food is so good you will go up a size if you stay to long.

Room Tip: if you like unclean hotel chains this is not the place to stay. if you like it like home, its for y...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We celebrated our 3rd anniversary weekend on the farm. Arlene & Dwight were wonderful hosts. Dwight took us out on a tour of the farm...great! They recommended a near by restaurant- "Kinfolks" with outstanding BBQ--don't miss the brisket!...Yum! We enjoyed a day leisurely geocaching around Red Rock Lake, and made a stop in Pella--also a beautiful town! I definitely would come back again! I'd recommend the cabins too, they were nice as well! (we had a tour) Definitely worth the stay and then some! Thanks! :-)

Room Tip: Our room was attached to the bathroom,a great convenience!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Clintonville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Early Sept 2011 a group of 6 girls from WI came to Iowa for a few days. We stayed here for 4 nights and each day it seemed things got better and better! When we first arrived it was about 10:30pm, and as none of us knew anything about the area we were a bit apprehensive. As we pulled in, we saw a light on at the main house - Dwight had waited up for us - and even tried calling to see if we were ok (but I had poor cell reception :p )! Our cabin was well-kept, clean and comfortable. The rec-room allowed us an extra bathroom (a necessity with 6 ladies) as well as a kitchen, pool table, and satellite tv - needless to say we all spent a good part of the night here. Every morning we made our way down to Dwight and Arlene's house where we had an amazing breakfast each day! Arlene makes some of the best muffins around!!! Be sure to ask about her pie baking contest and her traveling book-club.... Dwight took us out in the gator on a little tour of their farm one evening, it was very interesting to hear about the history of the area. They have peacocks, donkeys, goats....and apparently there is such a thing as a cat-bird! I was able to get up a few mornings and just sit outside with my cup of coffee and do some reading by the pond, very relaxing indeed! Something else I really enjoyed was when we were waiting for our delicious breakfast to finish cooking one morning, Arlene took us on a guided tour inside their home. I have always loved old homes and artifacts, and this one was no exception! There are a few guest rooms inside their house that are kept vintage-looking, and one bathroom even has a clawfoot tub!
Dwight and Arlene are 2 very hospitable people, you will definitly feel at home when you stay here - and I say "when" you do, not "if." If you are looking for a relaxing solitude this is definitly the place to come to kick back for a while! I can gaurantee you will enjoy your stay and have made 2 new friends in the process!

On a side note:
For those of you who need a place to workout when you travel, there was a treadmill in the rec-room. Otherwise, just a walk or run in the fresh air and quietness of a rural retreat is always welcome!
We were about 20 minutes from Pella, a historic Dutch town, where we spent an afternoon just browsing and there is a tasty coffee shop there called Smokey Row (I highly recommend as well). Also, we were only about 10 or less minutes from Knoxville so we were able to run into town a few times to pick up some necessities.

Room Tip: cabins are small but cozy and are just what you need for a good nights sleep
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
fostoria, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

The end of August my husband and I were heading out west for our first time. Our first night was a quick overnighter.I stumbled on Spring Valley B&B in internet searches. their online country music video sold me as it was the kind of tranquility we were looking for for vacation. Not being familiar with the area, we relied on our GPS to get us there. It was a little off but we found it. From the minute we drove down the driveway to their place we knew we made the right choice. We chose the cabin and it was just awsome! We awoke early to the sounds of the farm. It was so relaxing. Dwight and Arlene made us feel so welcome that we were sorry to have to leave so early the next morning. Not to mention Arlene's a great cook! If you're looking for a relaxing place to get away to, I've no doubt you'll find it here. We will definately go back and next time not be in a hurry to leave. Spring Valley B&B is a vacation all by itself. Thanks Dwight & Arlene. You're special people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I absolutely loved staying here! My friends and I stayed here for a few days and we had a blast! There were so many things to do. The rec-room had a kitchen, table, couches, satellite TV, a pool table, a ping pong table, and an air hockey table, and even a tread mill. Dwight made us a fire by the pond one night, and we had s'mores. There were peacocks everywhere and a friendly dog named Spike. Breakfasts were delicious! Especially amazing were the assortment of homemade muffins we had each morning. Dwight and Arlene made us feel right at home- they even brought out some photo albums and a video for us to enjoy! I know I am leaving out a few great things; but, the point is: I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My mother has been staying at the Spring Valley Bed and Breakfast for several years during her family reunion which is scheduled each year in Knoxville. My 6 year old grandson and I joined her this year. My grandson will always remember his stay as a "little piece of Heaven".... waking up each morning to grab his fishing pole at the fishing pond, then a wonderfully delicious breakfast,, then on to join Dwight with the feeding of the animals. Dwight and Arleen were extremely hospitable, the bunkhouse was very comfortable and we will definitely make this a yearly destination for many more wonderful memories of delightful country living.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Spring Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!