“Great place, Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Keokuk

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites Keokuk to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Keokuk
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   325 Main St, Keokuk, IA 52632 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Keokuk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Keokuk
Orem, Utah
“Great place, Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

This place is a hidden gem. It looks very unassuming from the outside, but it is wonderful on the inside. I actually passed it by last year when I was staying in Keokuk, because I thought it looked like a dump from the picture posted online. We arrived in Keokuk one day earlier than planned this year, and the Holiday Inn was the only place that I could find online with an opening. I will stay here again.

It is very convenient to Nauvoo, right across the bridge as you come into Keokuk. You don't have to drive thru town like you have to do to get to the other motels in town which saves you several miles each way.

The check in staff was courteous and friendly. All rooms are located above the main level, but there is an elevator so it is no problem hauling luggage to your room. I had a problem getting my laptop to connect in the room, I went back down to the desk and she gave me a booster set to use, but even with that, I was not able to stay connected unless I sat on the floor over by the door. The next morning when I checked out, I complained about this, and she graciously gave me $10.00 off my bill.

The pool, sauna, and jacuzzi were wonderful. The hot breakfast was a welcome treat after 2 weeks on the road and eating the standard motel continental breakfast of bagel & cold cereal.

• Liked — location, location, location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

I have just returned from the Holiday Inn Express in Keokuk, Iowa. I have never experianced such great service. I enjoyed my stay very much. The pool was lovely with lots of space. The breakfast is great. It is a very nice place with a great price.
Overall this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. If your in the Keokuk area this hotel is a absolute must.

Stayed November 2007
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

Stayed here for a friends wedding. There were a bunch of us who booked rooms. The hotel was clean, the front desk lady was nice. The hotel itself was updated and had nice bedding. Overall Good stay and would recommend. I have nothing bad to say

• Liked — clean, and comfortable room
  • Stayed November 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
schaumburg, il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

We love the hotel, but location is terrible! It's next to main road and highway AND the river, where barges sound their horns until midnight and trucks make so much noise the whole night. The front desk lady is new, gave us the front of the hotel while we requested the back. We will NOT stay at this hotel again. You are better off at the Fairfield Inn or Hampton Inn located in the inner part of town. Love the new Holiday Inn bedding though.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — noisy location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

Very nice with large well equiped room at a fair price. It looks almost new even though it has been there a while. Well equiped exercise room. Free wi-fi. The staff is much more helpful than at the big chains out on the north end of town. The locals like the resturant across the street. Runners should run across the Mississippi River bridge or along the street of big old homes on the bluff.

Stayed December 2006
O'Fallon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2005

We've stayed at this hotel 4 years running when coming up from St. Louis for a karate tournament. We had a king bed with a sofa bed for our teenage daughter. It was a nice sized room with a refrigerator. We've always gotten a good rest here before the competition; it's quiet and comfortable. My husband and daughter always have a nice time in the indoor pool. The staff has always been very helpful and polite. The first year we came, we didn't know the way to the tournament venue, and the lady at the front desk took the time to draw a map for us.

The complimentary breakfast has several breads, yogurt, fruit, waffles, boiled eggs, and cereals. My daughter did find mold on a bunch of grapes that she had on her plate.

We've always had a pleasant time here and would choose this hotel any time we were visiting Keokuk.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

Very nice stay! The two room suite had a hot-tub, refrigerator, and a microwave! Clean hotel and friendly staff. Exercise room, heated pool, sauna, jacuzzi, game room--we took advantage of it all.

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Keokuk? Share your experiences!