I visited the Chalets d'Anse Forbans in March and knew I wanted to come back and stay.
One night was clearly not enough this time, so another return is already being schemed up.
12 cottages guarantee peace and quiet, no crowds and the 'noise' one hears are from birds
or the surf crashing on the beach ...
An airconditioned bedroom, a fan in the sitting / dining and a kitchenette, fully equipped, provide the 'indoor' experience, clean, functional and what more does one really need when coming to the Seychelles to enjoy the sunshine, the beaches and the crystal clear warm waters of the Indian Ocean. Much of the day is spent outdoors anyway, sunbeds and beach towels are available and the office arranges for car hire, guided tours, fishing trips and more.
A bus stop, per trip costing an incredible 5 Rupees only, is outside the compound and Brigitte even has made arrangements for her clients to be picked up by a nearby supermarket, to do the daily shopping there and then brought back, as a service to guests. Then one can prepare a meal, or else ask for cook to be provided at a cost, who will even go and buy fresh fish and other ingredients, before preparing a genuine, tasty and filling Seychellois meal.
There are of course take away options available, a 'box' at most costing 50 Rupees and with a selection of different dishes, including salads, fish, curry, beef and chicken often enough to feed two. In fact, we worked it out with Brigitte that for breakfast, take away lunch and dinner and some samosas or cup cakes for tea, plus water or soft drinks, the daily food bill will be not more than 150 Rupees. Easting out is also an option, the excellent Takamaka Restaurant not too far away, but Brigitte is ever ready to provide a range of other options, from reasonably priced Seychellois eateries to medium and high priced restaurants frequented by foreign tourists.
This all in combination with a stay at Chalets d'Anse Forbans makes a holiday in the Seychelles quite affordable and the location at a truly excellent beach will make for a holiday of a life time without a life time mortgage in the tow.
Comes highly recommended, for the warmth of the entire staff, the helpful hints and suggestions from Brigitte and her family and the fact that one can come close up with the Seychellois people.
- Also Known As:
- Chalets d`Anse Forbans Hotel Mahe Island
- Chalets d`Anse Forbans Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalets d'Anse Forbans - located on the magnificent beach of Anse Forbans in the South of the main island Mahé - offers modern and comfortable self-catering accommodation at reasonable prices. Whatever your needs the staff are always willing to accommodate and provide you with a daily maid service to clean your chalets, all linen, beach towels and snorkelling equipment . Please ask Chalets d’ Anse Forbans for a full list of additional services they provide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Chalets d'Anse Forbans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.