“Nice place - friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Iowa
“Nice place - friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Had a group of five so chose this hotel. Our room had two separate bedrooms plus a fold out couch. At check in, the front desk person was very friendly / professional. The rooms are not huge but are very efficiently organized, clean, and comfortable. Our room was quiet and the beds very comfortable. The shower and toilet are in a separate room from the sink, making it more efficient to get ready in the morning. The free breakfast is very basic but sufficient. There are numerous restaurant choices nearby, including a Starbucks. As far as location, it is right on I-35, about 10 minutes north of Jordan Creek mall. The price was reasonable. I would choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, no problem with any noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
OPKS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First off, this is not a 5-star hotel, but for what it is - a basic services place to stay while in the area for other reasons, this place can't be beat. When we arrived I saw a Volleyball team awaiting check in. We were delayed by the volume of check-ins, but the desk guy immediately directed us to a place to sit and provided an estimate on when we could check in. He beat his estimate, came to get us. Bad situation avoided by handling it like a professional. Then I feared noise from the team, he told me we were on the same floor but he could change it. The coach assured me she 'would have them running the parking lot' if they were up past 10:30PM. I owe her an apology, we never heard a thing despite staying in the original room. Says something about the team and the hotel. Breakfast is minimal - and exactly as advertised. Plenty of everything though, even though we followed the team the next morning. My wife had satyed here last month and experienced the same good customer service. This place knows what it is and delivers.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side away from the interstate, not sure how the noise would be on the other side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We returned here because of previous visits and the value for the room size, however the sprinklers go off at 6:15 am and hit the bedroom windows about every 20 seconds, making sleep impossible. Cannot believe we would be the first to notice or complain about this. So avoid first floor if possible. Breakfast are quite limited compared to other hotels of this size. Kitchenettes are nice, dinnerware a plus and full sized fridge is a bonus. TVs in every room, but bathroom quite small.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and am shocked at how nice this marriott townsuites was!! Full kitchen, huge closets, lots of work area space, comfy beds, at least a 42" tv, large bathroom and very clean! A+++

• Stayed September 2012
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as an alternate to the Embassey Suites in Des Moines. This was a much different experience....it was surprisingly very good. The rooms have a kitchenette in them that was great....since we travel with a toddler we always need to have a refrigerator in our room. It was great to have the stove and microwave to make a meal on the fly as well.

The most OUTSTANDING thing.....these are some real HONEST folks. I left in a rush and forgot a number of my things in the drawer of the dresser. Yes, diamond earrings and a Rolex watch that has a lot of sentimental meaning to me. I thought when I left the hotel that I would never see any of these items again!

When I called the front desk was great! They fedex-ed my belongings to me free of charge and actually wrote me a note thanking me for my stay! My boyfriend thought everything was gone and I should call the insurance company immediately...(he's a police officer and said even good people much of the time wouldn't return that or report something like that to lost and found).

Thank you Towne Suites!

Brewster, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The front desk clerk was very accommodating when we checked in, giving us an isolated room since we were travelling with an infant. The room was very nice and clean with a small kitchenette area and a few cooking utensils. It was perfect for what we needed.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This TownPlace Suites was not quite up to snuff compared to the other TownPlace Suites where I've stayed in the last couple of years.

The staff was friendly and helpful as always - no problem there. However, the room wasn't as clean or well kept as they usually are. Some of the dishes appeared to be wiped off rather than washed, the refrigerator door didn't close properly (which could have cost us quite a bit in spoiled groceries had we not noticed), the HVAC was very loud, etc. Not bad but compared to the high standards most TownPlace Suites have it was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms that face away from I-80 are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale? Share your experiences!