“Totally awesome. A change from cookie cutter hotels.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines

You added Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5291 Stoney Creek Court, Johnston, IA 50131   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
Lakewood, Washington
“Totally awesome. A change from cookie cutter hotels.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Such a delight. From the cookies on the desk on check-in, to decor that is a welcome change from 98% of hotels, this should be your choice. Room service from a nearby restaurant was very quick. Although we didn't use the pool, it was an indoor/outdoor pool with an interesting design. Best of all? Starbucks was close by!

My only complaint was the complimentary treats for our dog included two printed copies of their dog/pet policy. I had read it on the website and was somewhat insulted that the treat seemed to be a thinly disguised reminder of pet owner expectations.

Overall, I'd stay here again just for the pleasure of their decor. Try it.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at the cottages here and it was beautiful. Clean rooms and great decor. Plus they have an awesome breakfast. Michelle McCuddin made us the most wonderful omelets. Plus she was very accommodating. Love this place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I moved from Wilmington, Delaware to Des Moines, Iowa because of my husband job transfer. Couldn't find a home we liked so are building a condo in Altoona. We've been living here at the Cottages since early September and could not be happier with all services.

There is one person in particular who stand out in my mind -- her name is Michelle McCuddin. She does an excellent job at managing breakfast everyday! She's has a wonderful personality and is always cheerful and funny to all her guests. She goes the extra mile to get to know her guests food preferences so we don't have to tell her everyday what we'd like to eat. She's an excellent cook --omelets and waffles are supreme!!! I mentioned I liked green tea and she made sure to include it in the breakfast drink bar. She's very mindful and thoughtful to the needs of all her guests.

I don't normally write reviews but felt Michelle is a true constant high performer and wanted you to know I really appreciate such a warm and caring person. I look forward to seeing her everyday!!!

Teresa Kessler

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Concord, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My number one priority in a good hotel is the bed. The beds at Stoney Creek are terrific. Most hotels beds are firm. This one is softer and is better for those of us that sleep on our sides. They offer a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Gloria was there to greet everyone and make sure everything was well stocked. We enjoyed visiting with her. Very pleasant. Overall, clean comfortable rooms, friendly staff and an enjoyable stay at an affordable price. We'll be back next time we travel to Des Moines.

Room Tip: The hotel offers some rooms with refrigerators. If you need one, ask for it on check in.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I rarely write reviews of hotels unless my experience was terrible. In this case, however, I had a great experience with the Stoney Creek Inn. I was in Des Moines for a week of training. With almost no notice, the staff here was able to arrange hotel shuttle transportation to and from my training class, every day. They even picked myself and my co-worker up at our training class and drove us to the airport.

From Stoney Creek's event coordinator, to John, the Facilities Maintenance Manager (the person who drove us every day, to and from our training class), our experience was first-rate. The staff is very friendly and willing to bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable.

The rooms here are a little larger than normal, very clean and have a warm "rustic" look and feel. There is always someone at the front desk, free cookies, a little souvenir shop and a rustic bar. It's a great value for the money and I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers.

Room Tip: The facility was very quiet at night for every night that I stayed here. If you are worried about no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wonderful staff, rustic and spacious rooms all wrapped-up in a convenient location directly off of I-35. We have had several events at this location. All needs, and expectations have been met and exceeded. This hotel is versatile. You can go from feeling like you are in a lodge in the Rocky Mountains to an elegant ballroom within minutes. I recommend this venue for professional as well as personal events!

Room Tip: Planning a corporate function? Stoney Creek can help you pull off a seamless event with ease! If you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The service was excellent; room was great; breakfast was good and company friendly. All of this make a return visit a must. An onsite restaurant would have made this the perfect experience, however, there were restaurants close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines? Share your experiences!