Save Saved
You added Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Johnston
Santa Rosa, RS
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The atmosphere is amazing and the comfort is top quality. This hotel makes you feel like you're in Yellow Stone!
There is a pool on the back!
The service is good, there are cheap laundry services.
Had the oportunity to stay fro 10 days in the hotel and I recommend to anybody who needs to stay in Des Moines to be in Stoney Creek Inn - Johnston, Iowa

Room Tip: rooms with the window to the pool side are the best, in my opinion
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Mr. 88, On behalf of our Des Moines team, thank you for sharing your positive experience. We know being away for extended periods of time can be uncomfortable and frustrating so we are always happy to see that we helped make that stay more comfortable and cozy. Happy Holidays!

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Marion, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have been here twice and both times LOVED it. Very clean and friendly. The staff was very professional. Rooms very neat and clean. Free breakfast the next morning. They had a pool/hot tub that was fantastic. Homeade cookies ip front as well. Autime we travel to the Des Moines,IA area we will ALWAYS stay here. Thanks Stoney Creek Inn Staff. A+++

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oelwein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This establishment is completely clean and elegant!! We have never been in a place so beautiful from a standpoint of clean and exquisitely decorated. The folks that work there aim to please. They have a fantastic breakfast!!

Room Tip: The Weekend Getaway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alta Vista, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stoney Creek Inn in Johnston is always a wonderful place to stay. Gloria is the attendant at breakfast and is always so gracious and helpful-she helped me figure out the best route to my meeting yesterday morning. Food is always good with a large selection. Occasionally I will be upgraded to a whirlpool room, and it is AWEWOME!!!! I will definately return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
West Union, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I needed an easy-access training room to facilitate 12 hours of continuing education (in the Des Moines area). This was my first experience at Stoney Creek Inn in Johnston. The actual location is a 3 hour drive from my home so I was working in somewhat unfamiliar territory. I did not need to stay at Stoney Creek Inn. I utilized the John Deere training room only.

I received a contract with the agreed-upon terms and conditions well ahead of the event. I have a no-cancellation policy and needed a dependable place at an afforable price. I found it all at Stoney Creek Inn.

I arrived the day before the scheduled Monday training session and wanted to check out the place. I was pleasantly surprised to find the John Deere room was already set up for classroom style training and was ready to go on a Sunday afternoon. The name of my company was already prominently displayed on the wall and the overhead screen was pulled down and ready for use. The tables were set with white linens, the 30 needed chairs, complimentary note pads, pens, mints, and glass water glasses.

I arrived at 6:15 on the morning of the 12-hour session and the training room doors were unlocked and ready for the day. I was greeted immediately and was kindly offered help throughout the day.

As soon as we were done for the day, I was immediately offered help from the staff to get my ‘stuff’ (training materials/cases/overhead projector/etc.) to my vehicle. I really appreciated that kind gesture after a long day of training.

Throughout the day, the ice water pitchers were continuously refreshed at every break and I can say, for the women at least, there were plenty of clean bathrooms. The business center computer worked well. I had a few minutes to check for one expected email message and it worked well and fast and that was all I needed throughout the day during 10 minute breaks.

I bought one pop and the $1.50 price was cheaper than any convenience store. How often do you find that at a hotel?

I sure appreciated the attention to details from the entire staff. For any of you who facilitate training sessions I think you'll know what I mean by that comment. The people at Stoney Creek Inn in Johnston were a courteous and dependable staff from start to finish.

I hope to see them again next year.

Room Tip: I did not stay at Stoney Creek Inn. I used the John Deere training room only.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Really liked the location - far back from the roads and hidden away from the crush of strip malls and the like. The free continental breakfast was great, and the friendliness of Gloria, the cook, was terrific.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our family met here for a weekend stay and our grandchildren had a great time swimming and relaxing. The room was perfect and the staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was effortless and we received an upgrade for our next stay. There were people watching the Hawkeyes on the big screen in the lobby having a good time, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony in summer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines? Share your experiences!