“Never Again!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 42 restaurants in Johnston
“Never Again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Group of 10. Food didn't come out at same time. Had to wait 20 minutes after first 7 meals for 3 other meals. Kitchen placed chicken on shrimp pasta order. When brought back new...was same pasta. Kitchen left a few chicken pieces under sauce. Well done order for steak was rare...took 20 minutes for new (same) steak. Dessert not delivered until we decided to get up to leave. Terrible service and management response. Never again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

36% Recommend
Kansas City
“OK food and poorly run”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Attended a rehearsal dinner here and we did not have a great experience. My mother in law set up the dinner her for the wedding party and friends and she was told there would be a buffet. Maybe there was a mix up because there was no buffet.

When we arrived they took our drink orders and we sat there for about 45 minutes before any food came out. When they did start bringing food it was plated dinners. They started just placing dinners in front of people. There were no options, noone was asked how they like their steak. A server did ask who had requested chicken...but no one had requested anything because they never even asked anyone what they wanted or how they wanted it cooked.

I ended up with steak, medium to well. I like my steaks medium rare. It tasted OK, kind of tough, nothing to brag about. The salad wasn't particularly fresh.

The service wasn't bad I guess. I suppose it's hard for 2 girls to serve 40 people in 1 room.

I don't really know why we had all the problems. Maybe just poor management, poorly run I dunno. I just know it's very unlikely we'll go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marion, Ia
“Your average restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I liked that they had my alcoholic drink of choice on special that night, but did not care for the food choice I made. Was over priced for comfort food, and was not very tasty. My husband had a salad which he said was okay.

Overland Park, KS
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Small portions and dry chicken. The salad was comically small and the chicken entree was a skimpy half breast that was overcooked. I don't normally rank low but this was a joke.

Algona, Iowa
“Large group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wide selection of menu choices and their own beer brews. Attended with a large group, great service and food---especially the appetizers. Great spinach dip and onion rings.