“We loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Urbandale, Iowa
“We loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The decor is OK, but the food was excellent. I had the oatmeal and almond crusted walleye and my wife had the chicken marsala. I can't think of a place where I had better tasting walleye, and the marsala was as good as any other marsala we have tasted. The bread and salad were also very good. We are definitely going back. It is priced like most other Italian restaurants

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indianola, IA
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Prices are a little high. Food was - as it says - just ok. It really was nothing special. I don't have to go back any time soon.

Visited December 2012
“Attractive Ambiance BUT Overseasoned Food, Etc...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

. My hot tea was served by an obviously inexperienced waittress who at first arrived with a warmish mug of water and proceeded to open the tea bag, place it inside the mug and picked up my spoon to stir it.She asked if "chamomile was okay" after doing so.(strange) I told her "no, I would like black tea" if they had it. I asked her to bring me another tea and I would handle the tea bag myself. . She removed the first cup and arrived with 2/3 of a mug full of hot water. I asked her if someone would have ordered coffee if that is the amount she would fill the mug. I asked what soups were available. The waitress said a "potato soup with bacon" only. Shortly afterward the staff had a meeting near the register at the entrance of the restaurant. I overheard other choices of soups mentioned, including a tomato basil. When I asked the waitress about it, she then said there was only "chicken and vegetable soup". I ordered it, and it was served by someone else. There was so much seasoning in it, I wondered where the chef learned to cook? An overabundance of a green, spiky, very strong flavored spice was in direct competition to the chicken, unlike anything that chicken soup should taste like. When the second waitress asked how it was, I told her to sample a cup for herself, because it was not good. My husband's salmon sandwich reeked of the smell of fish from across the table. I cautioned him that it was a bad sign, but he continued to eat it, trying to avoid another wave of dissatisfaction from us to the staff. Later he told me the toasted bread was so dry and overcrisp it was like eating a crouton. I could not wait to get out of there. We paid the bill, even left a tip, thinking the establishment needed much better management and a new chef.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Iowa
“Great service, love the Friday prime rib special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Prime rib special with fresh grilled asparagus, several choices for sides. Friendly service, nice atmosphere. Menu has variety, something for everyone - pasta dishes, steak, chicken and grilled sandwiches are good too, especially with the sweet potato fries. Specials most nights of the week. Easy to find, close to exit from I-80, located near the Wynnsong movie theatres and Stoney Creek Inn.

• Visited August 2012