“A trip around the world without ever leaving Iowa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iowa City
A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
You added A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2 Bella Vista Place, Iowa City, IA 52245   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Iowa
“A trip around the world without ever leaving Iowa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Staying at La Bella Vista was like staying with a friend. Host and world-traveler Daissy Owen is charming, warm, and gracious and so is her lovely B&B. We had impeccably clean accomodations, in a quiet, spacious, well-appointed room and enjoyed visiting with our hostess as she shared photos and souvenirs of her trips to destinations such as Antartica, Africa, Southeast Asia and beyond. Breakfast was a gourmet's delight - be sure to ask for Daissy's Eggs Benediction -- what a treat! The accommodations are reasonably-priced, very close to cultural events, and easy to access in a nice neighborhood. A much better value than any of the hotels we've stayed in while in Iowa City.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

We have been coming to Iowa City for the Jazz Festival for four years now and each year have stayed with Daissy at A Bella Vista. We look forward to our stay with Daissy as much as we do the jazz festival. In addition to delicious breakfasts, we enjoy chatting with Daissy around the breakfast table; hearing about her world travels and sharing stories of our lives. This summer we brought our 15 year old son and his friend for the weekend. They enjoyed their time at A Bella Vista as much as we do. The rooms are very comfortable and Daissy is so welcoming and accommodating. She has become a good friend. We are already looking forward to staying at A Bella Vista again next summer!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I was looking for a B and B in Iowa City as an alternative to a hotel and I am extremely glad that I came across A Bella Vista in my Google search. Daissy is a wonderful hostess and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. I had a large comfortable room with a private bath and every morning instead of the hustle and bustle of road noise and people I would awaken to birds chirping in the trees and floral scents wafting through the open window. Daissy's breakfasts are fantastic and she is extremely accommodating for when and what you wish to have for breakfast. I also enjoyed talking to her about her many travels. I highly recommend you try A Bella Vista is you're in Iowa City.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

A Bella Vista is a lovely home in a very quiet neighborhood, conveniently located close to I-80. The rates are very reasonable -- it was less expensive to stay here than in one of the cookie-cutter national-chain hotels in the area, and you get so much more for your money! We had a wonderful time talking with Daissy, who is the charming and well-traveled owner of the B&B (she's also a heckuva cook!). We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Iowa City. Thank you so much, Daissy!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I just returned from a two-week business trip to Iowa City. We stayed at Daissy Owen's B&B Bella Vista and it was wonderful! When you are away from home, every little bit of extra comfort counts and Daissy certainly made us feel at home. She accommodated our various breakfast needs (I'm vegetarian) and everchanging breakfast times and provided fun conversation about her travels.
I can highly recommend this B&B, especially if you are looking for a quiet and green neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I enjoyed my stay at Bella Vista and I might stay there again. I had a room with shared bath -- I was the only guest, and it was fine. It's a simple room, it's not that large, but it was fine for one person. It has a great view. Daissy was very friendly. The location could not be beat, about 10-15 min. walk down a pleasant street from downtown.

Stayed May 2008
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I have been traveling to Iowa City every summer for the Iowa Summer Writing Festival and this will be the 4th year I will stay at A Bella Vista. It is cozy, inviting, and the perfect place to write. Daissy is charming and a wonderful hostess. I would never think of staying anywhere else while visiting Iowa City. Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2007

Been to A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!