“The Bella Vista is my Iowa City home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iowa City
A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
You added A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2 Bella Vista Place, Iowa City, IA 52245   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“The Bella Vista is my Iowa City home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Every summer I return to the University of Iowa and environs from Chicago to tour on my motorcycle. In planning my annual trips, I first check availability at the Bella Vista B&B and second, I check the weather. The Bella Vista's proprietor, Daissy Owen, is friendly and accommodating. My trips home to my alma mater are made complete with grand hospitality at the Bella Vista.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have stayed at A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast twice and both times was wonderful. Daissy is a great "hostess" and very interesting to visit with. Her photographs that are on display around the house and the items she has brought from her trips are fascinating. The breakfasts were very good and served in a comfortable and delightful manner. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had never stayed at a B & B so I really had no idea what to expect or what I would find. What I found was less than satisfactory. I stayed in a very tiny room with two twin beds which had a shared bath. Since there was no one else at the B & B I thought the shared bath would be just fine. This would have been the case except it was very obvious it had not been cleaned after her previous guest left the day before. I very seldom eat breakfast so opted for only coffee. I think perhaps the coffee had been left on the burner a bit too long. No doubt that both the price paid and my expectations where a bit too high.
Daissy is a lovely lady and I thank her for opening her home to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have stayed at this lovely B and B a couple of times and have enjoyed both of our stays quite a bit. It is in a convenient location on a quite cul du sac with a quaint neighborhood feeling. The owner, Daissy, is very interesting and conversational. When we were there this past May the weather was wonderful. My husband and I sat on the front porch with her talking about everything from recipes to Facebook's impending IPO. Will definitely stay with her as long as our daughter is a student at Iowa. And hopefully beyond.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Talkeetna, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A Bella Vista B&B is in a great location, nice neighborhood, in cul-de-sac. Comfortable main floor room with two beds, big roomy bathroom, lots of travel photos taken by gracious hostess Daissy. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys staying at a B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Iowa City to visit friends after a Labor Day visit with our daughter in Denver. We were pretty tired and it was hot! A Bella Vista was the perfect antidote for worn out travelers.....comfortable and Daissy was wonderfully welcoming. Daissy, who is from Colombia, has travelled the world. The artifacts from her travels (the bed in the first floor room is amazing!) are displayed throughout the house with style and wit along with books and mementos. It could have been overwhelming and overly full of 'chatchkas', but it wasn't. Daissy was also helpful about where to eat dinner and made reservations for us. Since we were meeting friends in Swisher, Iowa, for breakfast, we missed Daissy's breakfast, but I expect it was wonderful.

Room Tip: We had trouble with stairs so were able to have a room on the first floor...pricier than others, I t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband, 15 year old daughter, and I had the good fortune to spend the night and experience the graciously hospitality of the owner, Daissy. She is a beautiful adventursome lady who has mastered the art of providing a bed and breakfast that makes one feel right at home. The home sets on a quiet wooded cul de sac overlooking the river and boasts a lovely front porch and deck in the back of the home. Hummingbirds were buzzing about and many birds were singing their songs. The interior is gorgeous with character and displays personal photos that Daissy has collected from around the globe. Breakfast was delicious and coffee was plentiful! It certainly was a welcomed treat after moving our older daughter into college. We plan to stay again in November when we attend the University of Iowa vs. Purdue football game. Thank you Daissy for your kindness and open heart!

Room Tip: The back room we stayed in had direct access to the deck in the back overlooking the river. Parking...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!