“Will not ever stay here again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Iowa City

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Iowa City to your Saves list
Travelodge Iowa City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2216 North Dodge St, I-80,Exit 246, Iowa City, IA 52245-9593   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Iowa City
Larwill
“Will not ever stay here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

For paying $83.00 I certainly expected better.The beds felt as if they were 30 years old,found a long black hair on a "Clean" towel in the bathroom which did not belong to the rooms current occupants,initially the toilet didn't want to flush,and I woke up with a slightly sore throat.If your single it could be tolerable,but if you have children,prepare to wash their hands frequently and don't let them touch the floor without shoes on.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

They weren't welcoming to begin with. We've been here a day and they acted like we didn't need to be there. Our toilet was clogged and wasn't even going to fix it. The room is nasty. Free WiFi? Forget that! They said they would have it fixed by four p.m. this evening, we came back at 9:30 p.m. and they said NO! Its still down! They also said they have a hot tub and heated pool, LIE, we asked the girl if the was one and she shouted "NO!" Will never stay here again.

Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We're on our way to Colorado to visit family. My husband & I are retired & travel with our 2 small dogs. It is difficult to find pet-friendly motels that don't charge an arm & leg pet "cleaning" fee which is usually non-refundable. Normally I do my homework before booking; read reviews, check policies & fees, etc. This was a short notice trip so, here I sit, on a lumpy mattress, shoes still on because floors are so dirty, swatting flies which are plentiful in this room, and trying to figure out how I am going to sleep without touching the sheets!! Thankfully I have a small blanket in the car. I have no internet as tech support told me it has been suspended here due to lack of payment! My complaints re: lack of wifi & filth of room have fallen on deaf ears. If I thought we could get a refund, I'd be out of here in a flash! Disgusting!!! Do NOT stay here unless you're a fan of The Bates Motel!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything is very old an outdated. The carpet was worn and stained with a huge wet spot outside the bathroom door. It appeared that the shower leaked. The sink/counter hung at a strange angle and looked like it would fall off the wall. There was a roach in the bathroom. The whole place was creepy and dirty. I couldn't wait to leave in the morning!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The lighting was not adequate and the safe was unusable because the previous occupant closed it and the staff does not carry a key. I also would have preferred to book directly instead of paying the hefty fee you charged me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Iowa City? Share your experiences!