“"What I liked"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Key Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Gold Key Motel
1570B Hwy 65 N, Hampton, IA 50441   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Hampton
University Park, Iowa USA
“"What I liked"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What I liked was the new owners who go all out to make your stay a good one. There were no stairs to climb,no trains to shake the walls and toot their horns:) I was able to pop corn, get a cold drink, watch flat screen TV, and check my emails all from a clean, comfortable and affordable room. What I liked was that I couldn't find anything not to like.
Rick U.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Laura B, Owner at Gold Key Motel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
One of our favorite things about running a motel is helping our guests to feel happy and comfortable, and it really makes our day when someone tells us that we're making that happen! Do come again, and don't forget to request your favorite room.

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I needed a place to stay while driving across Iowa and landed here. It was very quiet, clean and affordable. The staff was also very nice. The fridge and high speed internet was nice as well. Most hotels near the interstate seem too packed and over priced. This was a few miles (about 12) from the Interstate, which I think helped add to the quietness of it. Great place to stay, I'd stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laura B, Owner at Gold Key Motel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We're glad you stayed with us, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Allison, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have a friend that comes into town few times a year. It's nice to go there to visit him with no hassles and enjoy our quiet, private time. I look forward to my next visit. I'm very happy that you are so fair on your prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Laura B, Owner at Gold Key Motel, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
We're so glad you feel welcome and comfortable! We want all our guests to feel at home here, and we always enjoy seeing the familiar faces come through our door.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I travel to central iowa on business a few times a year and I have stayed at the gold key frequently. They have a homely feel to the rooms more so than the normal name franchises. The staff know your name and offer snacks gratis that you would otherwise be over charged for. They work great with a late nite or early morning check in. The fees are also very fair.

• Stayed December 2012
Laura B, Owner at Gold Key Motel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We LOVE it when our guests feel at home! We look forward to seeing you again - we'll save your favorite room for you.
Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a great place to stay! Nice , clean, neat rooms wwith everything you need for a one day stay or weekly visits. Have stayed here many times its always quiet and the people running this are so nice and helpful. Other motels in area have train issues and are overpriced and not worth the cost. The cost is very reasonable and close to town and acces to all major roads. I would recogmend this hotel to anyone traling to this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Laura B, Owner at Gold Key Motel, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We enjoy visiting with our guests to find out how we can make things better with each stay. We are continually striving to improve our facility and services, and we find that the little things DO make a difference. Come again - we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Gold Key Motel? Share your experiences!