“Fabulous B&B, Great Hosts, Incredible Breakfasts, Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marsh House Bed & Breakfast

Marsh House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grinnell
Marsh House Bed & Breakfast
You added Marsh House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
833 East Street, Grinnell, IA 50112   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Grinnell B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous B&B, Great Hosts, Incredible Breakfasts, Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I have stayed at Marsh House on a number of occasions and I have to say that it is absolutely wonderful! The house itself is a treasure, full of antiques and big comfortable rooms with all the amenities. Linda and her husband are fabulous owners, going out of their way time after time to make our stays enjoyable and to meet our needs, be it an extra bed for a Grinnell student needing to get away or a few more guests for their incredible breakfasts. We have found them to go out of their way to be flexible in terms of last minute changes in travel plans. Their rates are very reasonable and their policies more than fair. You will not find a better place to spend a day or a week in Grinnell , Iowa, than at Marsh House. We give it our highest recommendation!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Just spent 3 days at the Marsh House.We have stayed at many B&B over the years and this was the best one yet. The house is beautiful and almost like staying in a museum. (the website pictures do not do it justice). We tend to be picky about accommodations but these were immaculate, extremely comfortable and above anything we expected. The breakfasts were good and we greatly enjoyed talking the with owners. If you want to stay in Grinnell , highly recommend the Marsh House. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I am a 2004 graduate of Grinnell College and recently returned to campus for an event. My parents always used to stay at the Marsh House when they visited and we always loved it. It hasn't changed, in fact if anything its improved. Service is impeccable, the rooms and beds are amazing and the breakfasts are both huge and extremely tasty. If you are visiting Grinnell for whatever reason, there is no better place to stay. Linda will make you feel at home.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I reserved a room for one night at the Marsh House. My partner I were on a five day road trip across America-- along our driving journey across Nebraska towards Grinnell, Iowa we encountered severe thunder storms. The Nebraska Highway Patrol closed traffic I-80 eastbound traffic leaving us stranded in Omaha, NE. I called Linda, the owner of the Marsh and explained our situation. She took note of our unfortunate situation; however, what she didn’t disclose to us was the fact she was going to charge us for that evening. So seeing the charge was surprising and disheartening.

I called to speak with Linda about the charge and she was immediately upset and frustrated that I would dare ask for her to return payment to my credit card. She proceeded to vent her frustrations to me about, “customers taking advantage of her… and that she needed to raise her prices, and how she is tired of losing sleep over the B & B etc.”

It was very clear that running the B & B is extremely frustrating and that had no compassion towards our situation. This was not gorse negligence, it was an uncontrollable act of nature and she resented me for asking for a refund. Personally, I think that this situation should have been pardoned. Moreover, when she began to take her frustrations of running a business out on me it was clear she was crying “victim.”
I have now had to turn in a claim of fraud to Master Card and they are in the process of investigating this claim.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marsh House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!