“Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great value and very helpful staff. Our family occupied three rooms for three nights and all agreed we would come back again. Rooms were clean and the 70's themed beer/wine bar was a great place to gather.

Kathy H

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed in this Americinn several times since it opened. Every time, I am impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I am a poor sleeper and always sleep well here too, comfortable and quiet. This time we had a situation with my mom where we needed some extra special help. She is an invalid and needed special accomodations while her home was being packed up for her move to an assisted living. The kindness and compassion shown to us during this time were amazing. They went out of their way from management and front desk to the cleaning staff to help us during this hard time. Great job Fort Dodge! Kudos to you. You will forever be remembered. Stay here when you are in Fort Dodge!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I thought the Staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean! We were there for a family reunion and everyone at the hotel was very accommodating!! We would stay there again :-) Pool was good but the spa was great!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff is what stands out for me. No matter what you asked for or what time it was. You never got the feeling you were a bother. This is a rare thing in my experience. I watched a man accidentally pull the spout off the waffle dispenser, he made a mess and felt terrible. I thought the staff lady who came to his aid might be a little upset, as she was busy keeping up with the breakfast crowd. Instead she cleaned it up and assured him it happens occasionally and not to worry. You can't teach that. I'm from out of town and stay there when I'm in Fort Dodge on business. I have never been disappointed yet.

• Stayed June 2013
Bolingbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was our first overnight stop during our westward trek to Mt Rushmore. I was trying to find an Inn close to the Grotto of the Redemption and from all the hotels that i checked out online, this was the best reviewed.

I have never stayed at an AmericInn before this trip so I'd say this was a pleasant surprise. It was a good value for the price. The rooms were clean and the sheets were crisp. Nothing special (good or bad) about the place that makes it stand out.

One thing that I noticed that was particularly annoying was the water. The best way to describe it was "slippery". I had to run the water for a good minute longer to get the soap off my skin.

I am not sure if that is for lack of treatment or that is naturally occurring in the area so I will not hold it against them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my daughter while she stayed for an additional 2 weeks. I feel that this hotel was a very clean environment as well as a very very safe environment for her to stay in. The staff was awesome and did all that they could to make us feel at home. They were also very willing to work with us on prices and the two week stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bracknell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed 4 nights during our American tour researching family history roots in Iowa. Co-incided with major junior baseball tournament so hotel was full of children and parents. Bit noisy early evening but all was calm by 1030 pm and the kids were generally very polite and well behaved.
The hotel has large car park in front and is fairly new. Room was large and well furnished. Breakfast was standard mid range hotel buffet style and was more than adequate. There is a good selection of fast food and diner type eating places very short distance away.
The manageress and her staff were very helpful and friendly. Would commend to anyone visiting Fort Dodge.
Excellent Museum of historic village and fort nearby

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fort Dodge? Share your experiences!