“Blah” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 60 Restaurants in Fort Dodge
seattle
“Blah”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Over priced, over cooked steak. Nice atmosphere and staff. Easy to find and seated immediately. Food was ok

Visited July 2014

Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Great BBQ !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was in town tonight(business trip),stayed at the Best Western here in Fort Dodge,the co-workers of mine recommened this place,glad I came here.My waitress....Nicky was great,food was great....I had the smoked ham & brisket platter,with a salad & develed eggs......I was in heaven !!!!! I would stay here & eat here again !!!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Davenport, Iowa
“It's changed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Several years ago, they had good food and it was busy. I've eaten they several times over the last 4-5 years. Always pretty good, but dinning there two weeks ago, I find a different story. They changed to some packaged bought rolls...not so good. I had the loin back ribs. They were dry, tough and not that much meat on them. My wife ordered the half chicken. They have changed the cut of the half chicken to you don't get the breast with it or even part of the breast. That's cuting costs and being cheap. Waitress never did come back after the food was served to ask us how things were. Disappointed is the bottom line.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Find a Subway. You'll be happier”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

From start to finish, Buford's is not a good place to spend your time or hard earned money. Buford's has no reviews, probably because no one cared enough to leave one. I'm in town for a week, and because it was raining/sleeting, and the joint is attached to my hotel, (see my review of the Ft. Dodge's Best Western) I took the easy way out and went to Buford's for a bite to eat. The service was slow and apathetic, and the food was substandard. I ordered a "pit BBQ chicken sandwich" with thin fries and a side of cole slaw. I never did get the slaw, but what I did get was both sad and flavorless. The ciabatta sandwich roll had a weird flavor, which made me toss it aside. The chicken had a remotely smokey flavor, but it was dry and uninspired. The fries were cooked in old fryer oil, and it made them inedible. Now, for the decor. I fully expect Robert Irvine from "Restaurant Impossible" will be paying this place a visit. It's dusty, dingy, and screams "renovate me!" The fixtures are covered with schmutz, and the furnishings were past their prime several years ago. Overall, steer clear of this place, and even if the weather sucks, flip up you collar, fire up your ride and go elsewhere.

• Visited November 2013