“Good food friendly service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Fort Dodge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sioux City, Iowa
“Good food friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Good service and food.Pleasant atmosphere. I've eaten there many times and it's always good

Fort Dodge, Iowa, USA
“Food for people with taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I really appreciate this restaurant as one of the few places that has good food in Fort Dodge. They tend to have great dishes, and it is always posted online so you know what to expect. I recommend this place if you really like great food and try to avoid chain restaurants. I have brought both visiting family and friends there too, and always had a good experience. Downsides are the hours and reservations should often be made, but well worth it. The decor can be a little busy, but it works for the place. Never had a problems with service, and they are very friendly.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Storm Lake, Iowa
“This place is a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

A friend took me, my wife, and my son here. It is a really nice place! I love restaurants that have unique and well done food, a beautifully decorated room, and friendly people. This place had all of that. I much prefer that as opposed to a nationwide chain that lacks character and beauty.
They had awesome coffee. And the main course was delicious. And the waiters were friendly and helpful. If I am ever in Fort Dodge again I'm going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Dodge
“Lunch with the girls?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

The town raves that is this place to go for "Lunch with the Girls"...after my first and last visit I have decided it should be the place to go for "Lunch to Hurl". The decor is lovely compared to the other eating establishments in town but that is where the positive ends and the negatives begin.
The menu items are all served in small portions and you would think the food would be nothing short of spectacular, sorry ladies and gentlemen the food lacked in flavor...think of eating food with a sinus infection. Nor was the food ready for a Kodak moment the presentation was as plain as the single mother who served our meal.
Not that I should know this much information regarding the wait staff but if you are craving town gossip this is the place to go. It was astonishing the things my dinner companions and I overheard during our 45 minute visit...from the restaurant staff! We were seated next to the manager and our waitress who were rolling silverware in-between waiting on customers and they were talking badly about customers who had just left and discussing more of their personal life as well as the personal lives of other people in town than we cared to know. For a moment we forgot we were in a restaurant and not a beauty salon.
I would usually give a restaurant a second chance but the impression I was given regarding the food, the staff and their false sense of customer service, I can not say that I will return.
All in all if you are looking for some place for lunch, do not care that your meal will not excite your taste buds and you are in need of a weekly dose of gossip, call the girls and head to Tea Thyme for "Lunch to Hurl"...I mean "Lunch with the Girls!"