“Looking for that home feeling...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge Resort Knights Inn Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Lodge Resort Knights Inn Hotel to your Saves list
The Lodge Resort Knights Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   945 South Highway 69, Forest City, IA 50436 (Formerly The Lodge of Forest City)   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay and Eat Package
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Forest City
Savage, Minnesota
“Looking for that home feeling...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I’ve been coming to Iowa all my life, first to stay with my grandparents & uncle, than just my uncle and last summer 2011 we had to sell the farm after my uncle passed away. I do have other relatives in the area, but my aunt & uncle are older and have some health things going on. I hate to disrupt their lives for a visit. But, we also hate to give up “overnights” in Iowa. We’ve stayed in the hotels by Diamond Joes, but it seems impersonal, so we are grateful we found THE STABLE…It fits the bill for what we are looking for!! Plus, it's a beautiful location!

Room Tip: The Stable area was great, smaller building and affordable to get 2 rooms for our family with cutes...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family and I booked a last-minute stay at the Lodge this week after a family emergency brought us back to Forest City. We had two suite rooms for two nights. Everything was great: spacious rooms, comfortable bed. All in all, the hotel was a nice respite. Hhowever, what really set it apart was the service.

I arrived several hours before my mother and brother, after a long day flying. I checked in and afterwards asked the woman at the desk if there were any toiletries I could buy, since I had forgotten to pack shaving cream. She apologized, then offered to pick up a can when she went to the store later that evening. When my brother checked in, there was a can of shaving cream and my change waiting for him. I've never experienced so kind a gesture of service, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. This small gesture made a huge difference to me, and it's the reason why I give the Lodge a 5.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Middleton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were very pleased with our one night stay here. Byron Perrine was very accommodating and thoughtful in dealing with our plight. We recommend that any one needing to stay in the area will find the Knights Inn Lodge Resort to be a pleasant occasion.

Cordially,

Jim & Lois

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We arrived here for a Family reunion and was at first a little concerned. The property location is among some beautiful scenery but from the outside the building is quetionable. Check in was good. The rooms are very " Country Retro". Lots of wallpaper and older style furnishing yet very new and clean. The air conditioning in our room did not work and when I notified the owner he was very accomodating. Gave us every fan that he could find and called the A/C repair company on a Sunday. Although the A/C repair could not come out for 2 days the owner of the hotel was over the top accomodating. We received a hefty discount and a lot of apologies. We had a lot of stuff and kids to move so we opted not to move rooms as was offered. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in Forest City Iowa.

We stayed in the Suites of the main building which accomodated a family of four. There is a breakfast bar in the room, Fridge and microwave. The food at the restaurant was also good and plentiful. All the staff including the cook were great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Calhoun, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed two nights at this facility while our motorhome was undergoing minor repairs at the Winnebago factory. First, the bad news: the room rate was $75.00 a night (including taxes) and the room was, at best, a $30.00 per night room. The bed was uncomfortable, the TV had either an 18 or 19 inch screen, and the room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave. The people staying in the next room had a dog that barked off and on all night, and the motel clerk was not at all friendly.

The good news: the food served at the restaurant was very good and very reasonably priced. The dining room waitress did an exceptional job waiting on her customers.

We would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Byron P, Owner at The Lodge Resort Knights Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
The Lodge Knights Inn/Lodge Resort offers a choice of "economy" rooms or suites. The economy rooms are in a separate annex building and are generally chosen by guests seeking the least expensive alternative. This guest elected this option. Economy rooms have no refrigerator nor microwave, and dogs are permitted in the building. For $20 more the guest could have chosen a two-room suite in the main Lodge building. No pets are allowed in the main Lodge building and there is a refrigerator, microwave, and TWO televisions in these rooms. The guest was aware of these options but elected the least expensive option. They were apparently willing to put up with no refrigerator in order to save $20 per night. They made the choice. They chose the least expensive option. For $87 per night (less "senior discount" if 60 years of age or older) the guest could have rented one of our suites with 2 TV's, a refrigerator and microwave, in the main Lodge building which does not allow pets. Thanks for the good review on the restaurant. I agree with that. The restaurant is a separate business that leases space from the Lodge Resort. I fully agree with this guest that the food is excellent.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We recently discovered this quaint hotel in Forest City - 4 of us girls get together twice a year for scrapbooking, and just general "moms getting away from it all," and The Lodge was the perfect place to do it! A serene setting, back in the woods, off the highway, very picturesque. We had great 2-rooom suites, which allowed us to keep our scrapbooking table (and subsequent mess) separate from our sleeping rooms, plus the kitchenette was perfect for all the food and drink we brought along (although we had planned to, we did not eat in the restaurant, so cannot comment on that, but we saw many people enjoying). The staff was super friendly, helpful (allowed us early check-in and late check-out), and yes, the decor may have been not in the latest trend, but really made it all the more homey and as I said, quaint. Made you feel a little like you were at Grandma's house :-) Most importantly, it was CLEAN. More than I can say for lots of newer hotels these days! We are definitely planning our next girls weekend here, and hope they will put up with us 4 crazy ladies once again!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Morehead City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed here while our motor coach was being serviced at the Winnebago Factory. The ambiance and cleanliness of the grounds was wonderful. We were in the separate building across from the main facility and the room was very nice. The sliding door to the outside patio was a plus. Meals at the onsite restaurant were very tasty! Lots of trails to walk along with a free Continental Breakfast each morning made the experience even belter.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge Resort Knights Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!