“A fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“A fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation to Iowa this past August and I've got to say this place was one of the major highlights! I ate here TWICE while I was in town and honestly i couldn't get enough of it. From the moment i walked in i was greeted with a friendly atmosphere and delicious smells. My waitresses both times were so kind and helpful with my decision making when it came to the menu. I love Reuben sandwiches and the one I ate here was out of this world!! As well the pear and date wrap came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. If you are reading this months down the line and the menu has changed I am so totally certain that whatever comes out of that place will be like heaven on a plate. Absolute best dining in the state!

Fairfield, Iowa
“Don't be deceived”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you look closely the reviews given here and on other sites were from earlier in the year, don't be deceived. The first time I went here, immediately after it opened, it was clean, the food was fresh and the service was great. NOT ANYMORE.
As soon as you walk into the establishment now, about 4 servers will stare you down, they don't talk to you, they don't try to seat you, they don't even try to acknowledge your existence. They just stare as if they don't understand why you are walking through the doors.
The tables are never cleaned off anymore and when you try to ask a server to clean a table for you they act like you should do it yourself. Finally, sitting down, finally getting a menu, 10 minutes later someone decides to check and see if the table I am at would like something to drink! 10 minutes! I inquire about different items on their menu and the specials, they look at me like I am speaking a foreign language, "I don't know" they reply. I ask if they can check, with a long sigh "uhhh...yeah". What kind of service is that?
They end up bringing me rotten salad. I inform them of this, which took another 10 minutes at least since no one came back to check on the table after serving. They reply, "Oh yeah that was the last of that type of salad, huh well do you want something else? NO, if a cook will send out a rotten salad who knows what else they will send out.
When I go up to pay for the smoothie I had the other server that must have been taking hits in the backroom proceeded to charge me extra for the salad and for other items I didn't have. When I confronted him, he acted like I didn't say anything and said the outrageous total again.
Do not go here, service is horrible and sadly the food is now too. I was excited to have something else in Fairfield finally, but we were all deceived.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
“I wish there was a Gardens in my town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ate at the Gardens on my first day visiting some friends and I ended up going back again before my visit was over. All the food I tried was very fresh and very tasty. The menu is appropriate for the size of the restaurant, which is a medium-small size, but still has a good variety and interesting variations on standard menu items. The staff was very friendly, even to my rowdy group of friends that were eating at the time.

Do your self a favor and visit!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The Gardens is great lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This new addition to the dining scene is a genuine winner. Open only during the lunch hours, it offers fairly creative sandwiches, wraps, salads, plus a daily soup and a few sweets to finish off a meal. The decor is an attractive, garden-like cafe, with indoor seating and seasonal outside seats too. The owner just came through town, and "never left." So glad he happened through!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Gilman
“Afternoon motorcycle ride stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped by on Sunday Aug 18, not ever being in this town I drove around
the town square and this place had great curb appeal there was tables out
side for dining and the store front was so welcoming. I had a wonderful salad
fresh fresh fresh should be the second name for this place, the salad I had was
called Summer Squash Pappardelle so good. My wrap was great also is was
called Pear/Date Wrap. I would highly recommend this eatery and took
a cookie with me and they made me up a salad to go and wrapped it in
plastic to take with me. Thanks again for the service. Happy customer, Jane
I will come back, one other thing I take my hat off to the city it was so clean
and neat and tidy good looking community.