“Quality hotel for E'burg” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Emmetsburg
Wild Rose Casino and Resort
777 Main Street, Emmetsburg, IA 50536   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Emmetsburg
Iowa
“Quality hotel for E'burg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I have stayed at 2 of the 3 hotel locations in Emmetsburg. I would recommend the Wild Rose over the other location. The prices are a lot cheaper through the week, and if you get a free players club card from the casino, you also get a discount at the hotel. There is a full breakfast that is free in the am as well, but only for a limited time as it is buffet and lunch starts by 10 I think. I have actually stayed at the hotel 2 times now and would stay again! The rooms did not get cleaned with our 2 -day stay, but I was ok with that. They also have military discounts!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I Couldnt believe everything I got with my room! I spent $43.00 (thats with tax) for a non-smoking queen bed. The overall layout was just comfortable and relaxing! The newly redone pool was just great and the newly decorated walls were a cute added touch that my kids loved! I also had the chance to have a nice dinner with my husband at the Dunigans Bar, let me recomend the steak! It was a great dinner and only cost us $28.00 for dinner and drinks for the two of us! I will defffenetly be staying here again!!!

• Liked — The Awesome Employees
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

This is a fine hotel for the middle of a cornfield, but at $129 a night (for a suite) we were expecting it to be better than fine. We expected the smoke in the lobby, since it is attached to a casino, but we also expected our room to be non-smoking because it was on our reservation, on our confirmation, and a staff member in the hall told us that all the suites are non-smoking. We couldn't reconcile those pronouncements with the ashtray and Wild Rose matches in the freshly cleaned room, and the faint scent of smoke coming from the bed cover.

The hotel just seems to be lacking in details, as though the owners don't know any better. At $129 a night, you expect a safe for valuables (particularly in a hotel with a casino!), a desk, a lid on the toilet seat, a soap dish, varied lighting, t.v. consoles with doors to hide the tube, quality craftsmanship, yada yada. Everyone in our party--we all stayed in suites--had a list of complaints about the details, or lack thereof.

At $129, you don't expect loosely woven acrylic blankets with rigid foam board pillows and exposed bed springs. And, good grief, what's up with the water in the pool? It's an eerie greenish blue with strong brown overtones. We opted to swim in nearby Five Island Lake, which is also murky. You expect murkiness from a lake, and it's a great lake for rock-skipping

In our 2-night stay, we did not get housekeeping. We were in our room until 1:30 pm the day after our first night. When we returned that night, the room had not been cleaned. We were told that the housekeepers all went home. Towels were delivered.

All of these disappointments could have been charming, maybe, if the $129 didn't steer our expectations.

• Liked — It was in the same town as my family reunion.
  • Disliked — The pool that my kids refused to use.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Emmetsburg hotels

Been to Wild Rose Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!