“The Best !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 restaurants in Horsford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Norwich, United Kingdom
“The Best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have eaten here many times over many years and never been disappointed. The atmosphere is always pleasant. The food is outstanding, but also the welcome here is warm and genuine. The service is attentive and friendly, the waiter even took the opportunity and time to demonstrate origami with a paper serviette, brilliant. This all made for a very good evening. Will be returning soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
“One of the best curries I've had in ages...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Eleven of us from work went on a Monday night... I confess, I wasn't expecting much - stale popadoms left from weekend, reheated veg curry, poor atmosphere in empty restaurant. I was wrong! Guess I should not pre-judge.

The restaurant was surprisingly busy! Feel a bit guilty as we were noisy... oh well! The food was great, and clearly freshly cooked. The service was friendly and efficient - contrary to many of the other comments on the site.

Good stuff, would happily eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Dinner with four people starters mains and wine was all brought with perfect timing. Friendly waiting staff and I have to say the best Indian food I have ever tasted!!
Friendly venue to locate and park at, warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere.
We had a great meal out and my wife and I would come back here with or without friends again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Queensland, Canada
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recently met 3 friends for a meal when visiting from Australia as we had all enjoyed a meal there on my previous visit 2 years before. My friends go there regularly and we are made very welcome, even when chatting away after the meal we did not feel pressured to leave!
The food is very good and well served by efficient and friendly staff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great food, genuinely the worst service ever..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited here tonight as staying in the area and fancied something different from chain restaurants. Found this place and thought it looked pretty good, decor is nice enough and the restaurant was busy so good signs. That's where it went downhill, now I need to be specific here, I can't name and shame as they don't wear name badges but it's the slim waiter with the balding and shaved hair, with a beard and chunky specs. Wow, this guy needs a course on customer service and quickly. Amongst generally surly, bad tempered and rude service he did a couple of things which stand out. My wife asked him about portion sizes and his answer was so rude we were both taken aback, then I watched as another table asked if they could take food home, as he took there plates away (and passed our table) he was actually bad mouthing them to himself! He spent the rest of the evening storming around with a face like thunder, as another reviewer said, you feel uncomfortable being there. I have to say the food was great which is why they haven't got 1 star from me, but the service is just so bad. If your the owner reading this, seriously, invest some time training this guy, or send him on his way.

• Visited August 2013