“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
NONAMEANON
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed stayed here for a night as we travelled through the Dubuque area, I found the decor pleasant and the rooms inviting. The pool was empty and breakfast was nice in comparison to other hotel's "free breakfasts". Nice room with microwave and fridge, and the staff was friendly. We felt the rooms were clean and the linens even smelled fresh out of the dryer.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I just got to say, this hotel has excellent caring staff working there. I travel all over the world and we are always booking hotels. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mesquite, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Both myself and my husband are disabled , me in a wheelchair. We booked our room directly with Caroline at the hotel and received all the help and information we needed. Caroline greeted us upon arrival with snacks and assured us that whatever we needed , just to ask. We didn't need anything as the room was perfect and fit our needs completely.The breakfast bar was clean and constantly re-supplied , even for us late show ups ( 10 minutes before closing). One of the few hotels I felt like home ! Keep up your reputation !! Couldn't use the pool thou as I am unable to climb the ladders , stairs into the pool with rails would be preferred.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
peoria il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

The bath towel had a black stringy thing attached to it on the folded side. Thought it was a large bug but it was something like duck tape that had gone thru the wash over and over again. The hand towel had crude on the front side. It was like crusty left over from food and it was very obvious because it was hanging right on the front side. Took it to the checkout desk and she said nothing to me, but turned up her nose. She made no attempt to say how sorry she was nor did she offer me any thing to compensate me from the hotel. Room number was 291. And the stay was the night of Oct. 15th. This was a bus trip from Washington, IL.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Fairfield Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Dubuque Faifield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Our stay was because we couldn't drive anymore (we were too tired). So at 1am in the morning we pulled over expecting the worst, but receiving the best! First off, the staff were nice and pleasant. They were sympathetic and gave us a cheaper room because it was so late. The room was cozy and the bedding was comfortable. In the morning we had a large continental free breakfast. The staff were very helpful here too. When it came time to check out the staff were kind and gave us free cookies. Overall, it was the best off road stay ever!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Davenport, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Was immediately impressed upon entering the lobby to see a cookie tray and ice water (with lemon) dispenser, coffee, and the day's newspapers. Check-in was smooth and the staff was nice and welcoming. The room was clean, although I felt squeezed in by the high walls. I've been in more spacious rooms in other hotels that cost less. The bathroom was well-maintained. I was glad that the front desk had complimentary items such as a toothbrush and toothpaste, because I had forgotten to pack those! The bed was comfortable and the pillows were just right. Slept real good and woke up refreshed. Check-out was also a breeze.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Central Plain state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

This hotel is in a good location has an ok continental breakfast.
Had booked through Priceline and they would not give me a kingsize room even if I offered to pay more. Some thing they said policy with marriot if you book through someone else besides them. I though it was all BS quite frankly but the room was fine everything else was good. Price was great too through Priceline.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Dubuque? Share your experiences!