“Ok for the price but could probably find better for same amount.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Dubuque to your Saves list
Days Inn Dubuque
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Dodge Street, Dubuque, IA 52003   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
“Ok for the price but could probably find better for same amount.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Althought the location is good the hotel itself was a little rough. The first room they gave us smelled musty and moldy. I called the front desk and they offered us another room, she was very polite and friendly. The second room didn't smell but the toilet didn't work properly and flooded over from the tank, we had to shut the water valve under the toilet off to get it to stop. (Both rooms were clean and well kept, the first room just smelled bad, probably from all the flooding they had had there a few weeks before.) The walls were very thin and we could hear all of the conversations from the room next door. The breakfast selection was good, fruit muffins, bagels, cereal, boiled eggs and a waffle station.

It was pretty much what I expected for the price I paid but we will probably spend a little more next time to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ronconrad, General Manager at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
I apologize that your stay with the Days Inn was not 100% enjoyable. We strive on making every guest happy. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, this helps the motel to make future stays enjoyable for all. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast. I hope you will reconsider staying with the Days Inn when your travels bring you back to Dubuque.

Ron Conrad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice hotel for the money ..had a bar and grill on site with a nice out door pool ..Rooms were clean and hotel staff made me feel welcomed ...i would never post on sites but they had this site on back of the cards.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with the Days Inn. We hope to see you again!

Aurora
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

My husband and I had book two rooms for Friday -Sunday , well I called the place where we booked through and told them we had to cancel because his mother had to have emergency surgery this could not be help so I tried to cancel this and was told I had to call back on Sat well manager not there had to call Sunday same story called Monday well manager went home so I had to call on Tuesday morning just to get told they could not help me so I lose $291.92 this is poor business that you can not help someone out when it can't be help that someone in your family has to be rush to the hospital. I will never book again with Days Inn very poor customer service I hope no one in his family ever needs help and he has plans and can not get his money back or even some of it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We try and accommodate all of our guests. Since I am unaware of all of the information regarding your reservation I cannot say why you were not refunded for your stay. The only way we would not have canceled your reservation is if it was booked through a 3rd party website. When reservations are booked through these websites they are usually pre-paid and the motel does not have control over your pre-paid reservation. All cancelations need to be processed through the website that you booked through. I again apologize for the way things were handled. We had no intentions of making you feel helpless. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at the Days Inn, 563-583-3297.
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Late Friday afternoon we decided to drive to Dubuque, IA. I like to plan trips and this one was definitely not planned and I hoped that my usual tricks to get a cheap room would work on such a short notice. Priceline let me down but Expedia came to the rescue but after seeing the reviews I was concerned. If you have a reliable GPS, its hard to miss it. The bar was hopping when we arrived around 9 but we did get a non-smoking room. The place looked "shady" from the outside but it is old. We got our bags and quickly made our way to our room where we promptly closed the shades, the door, turned on the A/C and I stuck my mini-alarm on the door just in case of trouble - first time I've ever done this while staying in a motel. The room was acceptable, it was clean, the sheets and pillow cases were fresh - no bed bugs, no flat panel TV here just the older TV model, the bathroom was clean - no hairs, the carpet was iffy so I avoided stepping on it with my bare feet. I noticed we had complimentary coffee, regular and decaf and a couple of tea bags - that was nice. Soap, shampoo etc - were provided. I will say that the room was loud, we were on the second floor and something made so much noise it sounded like an airplane was about to take off - to top it off, around midnight, we had "revelers" from the Spirits bar coming back to have a good 'ole loud conversation just outside the door which made us appreciate the "airplane" noise until around 2am when it would wake us up whenever it kicked off. Whatever, the room cost us just a little over $50. We slept ok - honestly, it wouldn't outside of the noise the bed was pretty comfy. The following morning, we took advantage of their free breakfast - you can make yourself a waffle, they have hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee, OJ, toast, and bagels. We had a nice shower afterwards and we didn't have any issues with the water. What I appreciated the most was the kindness of the manager who provided us with a number to call if we got lost in Dubuque along with a map showing us where everything is at. This is definitely not the Holiday Inn folks but it is cheap and you get a free breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room and a room on the second floor, call the motel in advance ask for it...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to our vacation destination. We made the reservation for the price - right around $50. The lobby and location were impressive, the room was clean and comfortable, and the bar, restaurant, and pool were fun and festive. We enjoyed our first night so much that we ended up booking a room fr a night on our way back home. We'll stay here again next time we're in Dubuque.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ronconrad, General Manager at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn in Dubuque. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience at the motel. We appreicate the review and can't wait to see you the next time you are back in Dubuque.

Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed here out of desperation - every other room within a 60 mile radius was booked. The room itself was about as expected - old, basic, and poorly maintained. The bed was broken down and the shower didn't work. However, the deal breaker for me was the excessive noise from the wedding party that had a reception here. I was woken up multiple times throughout the night... 12 am, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, etc by extremely RUDE wedding party guests/members. Loud cars, loud music, loud motorcycles, you name it! The final straw was when a group of five wedding party members decided to stand outside my door and talk so loudly that it woke me up. After their conversation continued for more than 30 minutes, I opened my hotel room door and slammed it in their faces - thinking they would get the point. Nope. Hopelessly rude and low-class people frequent this place. I was planning to stay here a second night - absolutely will NOT - I will be checking out promptly and going elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Lake Villa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

For a little more than 50 dollars a night we got a clean comfortable safe room. Sitting on a bluff off highway 20, it can be a little difficult to find unless you are looking closely for the signs.However, that is not a negative, I believe it makes it a little safer. Anyway, there were no problems during our 2 night stay; staff were friendly and helpful. One thing I appreciated was the lady who ran the breakfast area, making sure food was stocked and clean. She took care of that area like it was her home kitchen, very reassuring for cleanliness. And if you like a donut for breakfast, they have the best I have seen. One of their donut delights will surely satisy your need for a morning donut. All in all this is the type of place I look for when traveling, clean, safe, good ac, decent breakfast; all at a good price. Motorcycle friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room, if you do not want to carry your luggage very far.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Dubuque? Share your experiences!