“Just what we were looking for” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Shopping in Dubuque
SF Bay Area
9 attraction reviews
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you're looking for a ice cream shop that does the "basics" (and I mean that in a good way), then this is the place for you. They had just opened for the year when we went (first week of April). The ice cream was delicious, the root beer float thirst quenching.
Prices were reasonable. As per the chamber of commerce, this is the only "real" ice cream shop in town.

Visited April 2012

Oskaloosa, Iowa
6 attraction reviews
“A perfect part of every visit to Dubuque, near the bottom of the cable car.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I love this cute little shop! Delicious handmade candies, plus many flavors of ice cream. When I bring my bus groups to the cable car, everyone stops here for an ice cream cone and many go back later for more. The propietors are very gracious and accommodating... great examples of friendly midwest hospitality. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but worth it! Everyone leaves this place smiling.

Visited October 2010
Springville
67 attraction reviews
“Homemade Chocolate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

This place is a little expensive, but this one man makes all these different candies and it all looks and tastes so good. My mom went here when we went up on the elevator and when we met her there I was very happy to find some of the best chocolates I've ever tasted. They also have a gift shop with lots of very cute gifts to get yourself or others as souvineers. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get themselves a little treat!