“Perfect for an overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect for an overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is your typical Hampton Inn. That being said, what is not to love? Everything was very satisfactory. Beds were very comfortable, breakfast was tasty, everything was clean, everyone was very friendly. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby. The location is great because it is just off a main road, but it is away from the bustle of the immediate downtown. If there could be one drawback of my stay, it would be that the desk clerk was slightly more into watching the Olympics than he was into being attentive to guests. But it was the Women's Gymnastics... I can't blame him for that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
chatham,illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I just wanted to let you know what a fantastic Staff and Property you have. I stayed with you this past Weekend,which was my third stay with you. At check-in, Heather, the GSA remembered me from last Year and welcomed us back before I mentioned my name. She also knew that I worked at a Hilton before giving my name. Impressive!
Our entire stay was fantastic. I was there to fish a Bass Tournament on the River and again Heather stepped up to the Plate. She was aware that I would need a power source to plug the Boat into and directed me to a Parking location where I could do that. She also assigned a Room close to it so we could keep an eye on everything.
Check out morning we were leaving at 4:30am. Seeing that we would not be there for Breakfast, your Night Audit Person, sorry I dont recall her name, made Coffee for us which she really did not have to do but it was appreciated! One of your Staff, I assume the Breakfast Hostess, came up to me and asked if we would like a Muffin or Fruit since it was early and the Breakfast had not begun yet. I told her that it was too early for me to eat and that I would get something later. A few minutes later, she approached me with a Bag to take with me.
Like I mentioned before, I work at a Hotel and was greatly impressed with the service and thoughtfulness of your Staff! What a fantastic Group you have.

Saint Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

From the moment I walked in to the lobby, until I checked-out, I almost felt like I was at home. The front desk clerk greeted me warmly and was anxious to tell me that my booked rate was incorrect. She lowered it due to a discount I had failed to request. That was very impressive. The breakfast area was large and roomy, the halls wide and well lighted, and all common areas very clean. My room was very nice and I really liked the new shower enclosure over the old bathtub with a curtain. There is a shopping center right next door and across the street so it was easy to walk over to find something to eat. The fitness room was clean, bright, and a towel was already draped across each piece of equipment so I knew it was ready to use. Everything about this property was welcoming. I highly recommend it.

Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as a home base for motorcycle riding on the Great River Road and NE Iowa. First off, the location is very convienent to Dubuque, shopping and dining. Not far from Galena which was a lot more expensive and had nothing available. I'm glad we had to look elsewhere. This was THE cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in ! The pool area was spotless and the temperature of the pool and hot tub were perfect. The room was immaculate and very well maintained. The staff were wonderful, friendly and very helpful to someone not from the area. If I had to complain about anything it was the powdered eggs for breakfast but those were just one item in a pretty good selection of items. Over all, this was a very clean, quiet, friendly hotel that I highly recommend and would stay at again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed this hotel. Rooms clean and homey. Nice large dining area. We celebrated in the breakfast area. The clerks were very helpful. The tv in the lobby was fun to watch the olympics with my family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had a great one night stay on a short family trip. Very clean, comfortable room. We requested and got a handicapped room, which was great for my elderly parents. Good continenal breakfast with a few hot items. Hotel stay was a pleasant end to a short trip down the river.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Love Hampton Inns because of their excellent quality and service. This one is no exception. Very friendly and courteous staff. Clean and quiet rooms. Comfy beds prevented my typical hotel room morning backache. Close to a lot of good food and shopping My son is considering UW-Platteville which is 20 miles away. If he opts to go there we will definitely stay at the Dubuque Hampton Inn when we visit.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Dubuque? Share your experiences!