“Out of your way customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 174 Restaurants in Dubuque
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Out of your way customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was visiting Dubuque for the first time training for a new job and searched Yelp for the best place to hang out - I was able to easily walk to Pepper Sprout from my hotel in downtown Dubuque and was greeted by a cheerful bartender Russell - the menu is quite beautiful and very seasonal with local produce and great quotes to remind yourself to slow down and enjoy ~ I have odd food allergies and the chef came and spoke with me and created a wonderful meal that I could eat and not worry about - I started with a watermelon caprese that was perfect for a hot summer evening - and then a pasta dish with roasted veggies and shrimp. The joint getting hopping a little later and you can meet many locals who in true Midwestern style are very friendly - I met the local book shop keeper, the chamber of commerce president an American Trust loan officer etc... if I was moving there I had a great new circle of friends to hang out with and a beautiful place to meet new people and have great food! A must if you are in Dubuque

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dickeyville, Wisconsin
“Fun place, tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

2nd time for me at the Pepper Sprout and as good as the 1st time. Employees are courteous, efficient and know their customers and the menu. Weekday evening and the place was FUN. A good mixture of ages and laughs galore. Bartender was very helpful in suggesting a beer to my liking. Ate light but the Duck Napolean was outstanding. Great appetizers by the way.
Haven't gotten deep into the menu yet but it is a guarantee. After looking at the meals served and then tasting, it is obvious the kitchen staff love their work and keep serving works of art. Thanks to the Pepper Sprout

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Md
“Best kept Secret on Main Street .... look for it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had six diners at this lovely restaurant, two weeks ago. Although on Main Street, it was not easy to find; so remember it is close to the Julian Hotel. The waiter was perfect, in every respect! Our food was delicious and presented with artistry. Rhubarb pie was a real treat, as the grand finale. Dubuque is a beautiful and active Iowa river town that nobody should miss visiting. The architecture, four colleges/ universities, and art venues give this town of 65-80k an unexpected charm and excitement that should be explored. Top off the visit with a tremendous meal at Pepper Sprout.

• Visited June 2014
Metamora, Illinois
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Julien (AWESOME!) and ate here for dinner. It was the Summer Menu and the food was excellent. My wife had the Asian glazed salmon with seasonal vegetables, which were excellent. Unfortunately, they were out of the asparagus, which she really wanted. I had the beef tenderloin, which melted in my mouth, with spinach and cheddar mashed potatoes and the seasonal vegetables. Excellent! The meals came with salad and bread. The bread was tasty, very fresh and warm.

• Visited June 2014
Racine, Wisconsin
“Pepper Sprout Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Second trip to the Pepper Sprout, last time was fall. The menu changes seasonally, and my Wife & I both agreed it was better in the fall, ( great use of pumpkin, etc...) The baked brie appetizer seemed different from the fall when we dined last (again- use of in seasonal products?) This trip I had the ribs special, while tasty, it was nothing spectacular. What I like about the PS is it's unique entree choices, I thought it missed the mark for me this time. I'll be back though, still a cool venue (great 70's rock playing ever so softly in the back ground) great wine selections. It's a bit spendy, but worth it if you like to try new things.

Visited June 2014