“Super busy place- you know it's quality!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Sloan, Iowa
“Super busy place- you know it's quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have never gotten our food so fast before. This place was packed on a Friday night, but diners are moved in and out at an adequate speed. Excellent meal & service!

Visited January 2013

Dubuque, Iowa
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I can't say anything good about this restaurant. I have had several issues with food consistancy at this Olive Garden. I do not eat meat and on more than one occasion I have found mistakes made and they tried to cover them up instead making a new dish. On our last visit I did say something to the server about my dish having meat remnants in it and she took it away. She did not bring me another dish or offer to get me anything else. I sat and watched my wife eat. The server was so nice and informed me she did not charge me for my meal. (the meal I didn't eat) I have not been back since November and do not plan on returning. If I do return I will stick with salad and breadsticks. By the way Fazoli's has a better breadstick.

Visited November 2012
Dubuque, IA
“good chain restaurant talian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Three of us dined in January at the Olive Garden. The place was packed. We had a 20 minute wait. Wine samples near the lobby helped that. A nice touch. We had prompt serevice and the salads arrived shortly. The lettuce is not very dark green but it is cold and the dressing is good. Bread sticks make a nice dip in the dressing. Our meal orders were taken promptly and delivered in a fast time. The cooks must be flying to get it out that quick. I had a steak bestica. It was ok but not memorable. The other 2 diners had pastas. I noticed a special on TV a couple of days later. We were not given the opportunity to order a special meal package. Not real authentic Italian,,,but good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Savanna, Illinois, United States
“Great food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went here for lunch with friends. Food was delicious as always. Service was very good too. Always a must visit when we go to Dubuque.

Visited January 2013
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Ho hum corporate food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The minestrone was wonderful. So was the salad. And the service. But the eggplant parmigiana was the worst I've ever had...nasty batter, deep fried and slopped over with weak marinara and cheese. Smoked chicken was obviously cooked over wood at a corporate office and frozen and shipped. Yuck.

Visited December 2012