“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you like steamed mussels, GO HERE! We had them with the white wine cream sauce & you get a ton - outstanding! We had fish & chips were very good, and the pork tenderloin wrapped in pecan smoked bacon with cherry wine sauce was soo good - it should be illegal that is how good it was. Reasonable prices on beer. This place is a hidden gem. You will NOT be disappointed!

Visited April 2013

“Food is excelnt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

had to the broasted chicken it was delicious best I've had in a long time server was friendly would reccomend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancaster
“Homemade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is one of those 'feel good' places where all of the locals go for a meal away from home. Nothing fancy about the surroundings, and nothing fabulous about the food, just delicious.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, IL
“Fabulous restaurant! Don't miss out on this gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to the Copper Kettle once before for cocktails after work and I was intrigued to eventually try their food. On a Monday night, I went with two friends and a small child. The kids menu is appropriate, offering a main dish and choice of fries or carrot sticks.We ordered pulled pork nachos and it was quite large, everyone enjoyed it and ate all of it. Two of us had the broasted chicken. It is four pieces for $10.25. It comes with choice of potato and salad or cottage cheese. Let me tell you this--this by FAR was the freshest salad I've ever had in Dubuque and although small, it was awesome! The chicken was great! The other person in our party ordered the halibut and that too was awesome! Beautiful presentation as well. This place doesn't disappoint! It's completely remodeled and looks like it was just built. What's so awesome is that they really pay homage to the Dubuque Brewing Co. which was apparently amazing in "it's day". The building now stands kitty-corner from the restaurant and is dilapidated and boarded up. However, the architecture is breathtaking! It's nice to see the Copper Kettle represent and honor some of the city's history with great photos and signs! Such a neat place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unbeleivable don't miss Dubuque new cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

O.k. I am an old river rat from Dubuque and came back recently looking for neighborhood restruants like I remember from my youth growing up here. I found several (see previous reviews). Tonight I went out to an old standby in Dubuque - The Copper Kettle - expecting to find good simple food done well. Not so. I was AMAZED!!! It was good food done with a very high end edge - but without a high end price. This place is newly redone but with the old elements very well integrated. THIS IS A DON'T MISS PLACE!!! The food is SO good! We had the fish and chips - but the fish was so delicately beer battered that it was elevated to a new level. The chips were coated with parnassians truffle and garlic - o.k. - amazing. We had mussels with champagne cream sauce and the seafood chowder. I can't begin to describe how well done the mussels sauce was! The chowder excelled in that it was low salt, fresh, and bright.

I met the owner, Ryan Norman. He has an impressive high end restruant history in Chicago and has returned to his roots to reopen this Dubuque landmark. I promise you will be pleasantly surprised. Oh,I forgot to mention, our food bill was only $19.80!!
This is a real value as well as amazing food!

Dennis Kirkwood