“Good place for kids...” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
chicago
“Good place for kids...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

The water park is fairly basic. There are four slides. The first is a tiny one meant for little ones. Then there are two body slides and one tube slide. The tube slide has a stair case devoted to it. The body slides require you to go through a small portion of the kiddie jungle gym to get to them. Thus those with a bad back or who do not want to walk all bent over for a few steps will have a hard time going on those slides. The slides are all pretty short, but fun. There is a place to play basketball in the water and a "lazy river" that is absolutely tiny. There are two hot tubs that can get pretty full in the evenings. Overall some fun can be had here at the Grand Harbor, but it may only be for a couple hours.

The hotel is near the downtown area, the Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, and a casino. All are walkable from the hotel.

Iowa
“Reserve Carefully”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

Be careful , be sure the date you book will not have to be cancelled because if you have to cancell they charge you $15.00. They refuse to refund this money. I was told i would not get this $15.00 refunded even if I rescheduled for a different date. It's too bad that Grand Harbor will never again have the opportunity to serve my family.

St Louis
“Grand Harbor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

Overpriced - I booked late and it was all I could get in the Galena vicinity. Only 2 elevators to service the entire hotel - frustratingly long delays at peak times for checkin/checkout. Waterpark OK for 6 year old - my older boys were bored. Not up to standard of Wisconsin indoor waterpark we'd previously stayed at.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Could be better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

Well it looks like a beautiful resort and my whole family was excited but the place was very overrated. That was a real let down for what we were paying.
There were long and slow lines at check in, took us a half hour, and our room was very small. The water park was fine except my older children were extremely bored, it is really designed for younger children, there is a lack of activity for older kids and adults.
At one point, there was a pile a feces in the pool, it took a while for it to be cleaned up and then they had to shut that pool down for an hour.
The staff seemed very undertrained and the management was very rude.

A TripAdvisor Member
“What a blast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2004

I had a conversation with a gentleman at a car wash and he kinda told me about the Grand Harbor Resort and Waterpark. He said, "It's a nice little get-a-way and it's fun for the kids." Well I went home, did a little research, and decided to drive on down. We are very satisfied with our mini-vacation. Everything went extremely well! The people were pleasingly receptive and friendly. The accommodations at the Grand Harbor Resort were first rate and the Waterpark was just phenomenal. We really enjoyed our stay and the treatment we received. By-the-way, Mark, the young man at the the reception desk is a truly special talent. He seemingly knew everything or could point you in the right direction with ease and he always did it with a smile or a little humor.