“surprising ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dubuque, Iowa
“surprising ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm not really a fan of Thai food but was able to find something I like here, too - the grilled terriyaki salmon was good. Others in our party of 10 enjoyed Thai meals and all were good. Order was taken promptly, drinks served timely, and food for all within a half hour of arriving at the restaurant. Nice, professional, friendly waiter.

Visited February 2013

Dubuque, Iowa
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I absolutely love the curry there. They are very friendly, love the style there and atmosphere. I warn you, the food there is NOT spicy so if you are looking for spicy Thai, this is not the place. However, it is my favorite restaurant in town and I have yet to have a dish there I do not love.

Visited November 2012
“a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

visiting dubuque after being away for 10 years i took my wife here as we are both fans of thai food. she had the shrimp pad thai and i had the shrimp drunken noodles. the pad thai was ok, not great but not bad but my drunken noodles......amazing. service was very fast after they got the table of THIRTY served. i hope this place can hang on given the trivial culinary tastes of dubuquers. this isn't a buffet place or a supper club that serves steaks the size of roasts and you won't hear the waitress say "how are you'se guy'es doing today."

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I love the food at Tantra Thai Bistro and I've had great service each time I visit. I'm a big fan of the spicey basil with fried rice. French Kiss roll is another favorite. I'm happy to have a Thai experience right in Dubuque!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Very good Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

superb calamari! Avocado rolls were short on avocado and had aspargus in the middle - an unpleasant surprise. Coconut shrimp was a sheer joy, perfectly well done and crisp.

Visited August 2012