“DISGUSTING!!! Domino's would have been a better choice” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“DISGUSTING!!! Domino's would have been a better choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

After having mediocre meals on our trip I decided I really wanted something good. My fiance and I both love Italian so we thought Crust was a great choice. WRONG!

We were seated and handed a basket of these little bites w/Marinara sauce. I thought that was great that they gave it to you right when you're seated. If only I knew that they would taste like tough cardboard. UCK! I'm by no means a picky eater but these were gross. No flavor at all, they sprinkle a lil parmesan cheese on them but it doesn't do anything for them and they were very tough!

We went on a Saturday night, not overly busy but we waited what seemed like forever for our food.

I had decided to try the Mean Green pizza which sounded appealing with spinach, basil, pesto asiago cheese,etc.. I've had similar pizzas elsewhere and really enjoyed them. Not this time. I cut into a piece and there were PILES of spinach. The pizza just like those lil crust bites were dry and tough. I ate the chicken off one piece and the rest sat on my plate.

This was truly the worst dinner I have had in a very long time. The waiter had come by to see how we liked everything and I was honest. In the waiter's defense he did ask if I wanted them to make something else. Nice but I certainly wasn't going to waste my whole evening waiting for yet another meal. He knew I didn't like it yet asked if I wanted a box after viewing my entire dinner sitting on the plate.

So much for our nice meal, I really wish we would have gone to a chain restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Richfield, Minnesota
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

While the atmosphere is nice and the service was really good (nice young man named Oliver), the menu is really limited. No fish at all except shimp, not even a burger. I had the Chicken Parmigana sandwich - really awful frozen breaded chicken breast - way too large for the bun. So-so marinara sauce. It was soooo messy and difficult to eat - even with a fork. I was only able to choke down half. Potato chips are chintzy. Would have been nice to have some fries or sweet potato fries. I might go there again for a drink (although the prices were high), I doubt that I will eat there again or recomment to anyone else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Batavia, Illinois, United States
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We went here for lunch the first day in town. Got the Thai pizza, and ended up getting a large. Let me warn you, they aren't kidding when the mean large. That was the only downfall, that there was a no medium size. The great taste of the pizza though really really made up for it! If we are in the area again, we will def. be going back!

Visited March 2012
WI
“A gem in downtown Dubuque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was in Dubuque for a girls weekend. We were exploring the downtown shops and asked the ladies at this lovely quilt shop where to go for lunch and they recommended Crust. We loved it! Our waiter, Curtis, was friendly and efficient. We ordered a veggie pizza and the thai pizza and both were very good. Thin, crispy crust - the way we like it. I had a chicken wrap which tasted great. Nice beer & wine list. One of my favorite parts was the location and inviting decor. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Evans, Georgia
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Took the family to Crust early on a Saturday evening. Appetizers were very good, the kids enjoyed the pizza bites and we enjoyed the artichoke dip. Hubby and I also enjoyed the Italian Margaritas.

Our waiter was very friendly and even though he had to check with the kitchen/bar on a few things, he was always smiling. He had 6 tables but managed to stay on top of things fairly well.

We ordered the Ragin Cajun shrimp pizza in the small size as an additional appetizer and it was was amazing! For our dinner, our daughter ordered the Italian beef sandwhich and said it was very good. She is quite picky about her meat, so it must have been good. We had them make our pizza with several toppings as we couldn't decide on any of their specialty pizzas, they all sounded so good!

We ended up taking home half the sandwhich, half the small pizza and more than 3/4 of the large pizza, since we ordered too much. Their large pizza is quite large. We were all too full for dessert.

We would definately return and recommend Crust to anyone looking for some truly good pizza.

• Visited February 2012