“Class, Atmosphere, a Top Notch Restaurant ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo Casino

Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo Casino
301 Bell St, Dubuque, IA 52001 (Formerly Woodfire Grill at Diamond Jo Casino)
563-690-4755
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodfire Grille at Diamond Jo Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 178 Restaurants in Dubuque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: Woodfire Grille is a contemporary wine centric steak and seafood restaurant that features USDA Prime grade steaks and inspired fresh seafood in an upscale and contemporary dining experience. Lauded in reviews that include the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, validates that it is simply the best dining experience in its respective market. With a classic interior, the ambiance is warm with natural wood tones, is welcoming and sure to delight all your senses. Our classically trained chefs personally select our ingredients. Our menus change seasonally as it is our goal is to source locally and offer only the finest produce, meats and seafood available. You will find a lively bar that attracts a dynamic crowd and features an unparalleled wine list and an impressive offering of wines by the glass. Unique to Woodfire is the crafted cocktail program unmatched in the area. Created by our team of creative mixologist, the list is a collection of classic and modern cocktails.
Minooka, Illinois
“Class, Atmosphere, a Top Notch Restaurant ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I made reservations here to celebrate our wedding anniversary, along with our fifteen month daughter. The atmosphere, with its subdued lighting and contemporary gas fireplaces lends itself to a romantic treat for those seeking not just a regular dinner, but an experience. Do not let that discourage those with babies, however, as our waitress made sure my daughter was well taken care of, offering a non-menu dish to accomodate her and even brought her food our before ours.

While I am sure you can rush in and out, I truly recommend savoring the food and surroundings. This is a place that separates courses, ensuring that appetizers have been fully enjoyed before the soup and salad course arrives, and the same goes for the main entrée. In the end, we ended up spending a full two hours there, but never once felt as if we were forgotten about.

As for the food itself, all I can say is that this place served me probably the best steak that I have received at any restaurant, beating out the likes of Ruth's Chris. For those wanting a truly unique experience, try their bone-in Ribeye. You will not be disappointed! The bacon infused bloody mary was excellent, the calamari appetizer was the most flavorful and meaty that I have ever tasted, not rubbery in the slightest. Even their grilled asparagus was cooked perfectly, tender yet still crisp.

For those who find themselves in the area, and are looking for a memorable experience, make this a definite stop!

Waterloo, Iowa
“A Great Dinner Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I call it an experience because our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and wine pairings. The food was fantastic and the wine pairings that he suggested were spot on. Definitely on our list to return.

Visited March 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
“Perfect for a romantic or quiet dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I love this restaurant! The ambiance is great with several glassed-in fireplaces thought the restaurant. It's a little bit pricey, but everything we have ever ordered has been fantastic!

They have by far the best lobster bisque we've ever had- I would say it's the one thing that is a MUST to order.

My husband always orders a steak and has always had it cooked perfectly. The bone-in ribeye is huge and extends a foot past your plate! The prime rib has also always been amazing. My favorite entree is the sea bass, always cooked phenomenally and always ridiculously delicious.

The members of the wait staff are some of the most professional in town.

The sides are priced a little high and not very exciting- Not even the BLT (bacon, lobster, truffle) mac 'n cheese.

Dubuque, IA
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We visited Woodfire on a Friday without prior reservations. We were warmly greeted and were able to secure a table.
Seemed like a slow night. We were seated and waited at least 20 minutes without a server in sight. A manager recognized we needed help. Without any fuss on our part, She offered us a free beverage. She said our server was a little late to work. Nice touch on the management. Overall the meal was fair. Service continued to be slow to non - existent. Why cant I have a small serving of rice or pasta with salmon. 3 pcs. Of asparagus for an accompient. Prices are high for Dubuque. I have no problem with this is our meal and service was memorable. It will be sometime before I return. Im not a complainer. The evening was mediocre at best.

Dubuque, Iowa
“Finest Steak Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The filet mignon was better than any I have had in Chicago or NYC! Also the roasted asparagus was absolutely delicious!! Don't let the fact that this restaurant is in the casino be a reason to keep you away!!

• Visited December 2013