The hotel served my purpose for being there; a place to lay my head at the end of the long flight. I chose it because of the atrium/pool area and the restaurant/lounge it offered. It's a very old hotel and in desperate need of a face lift, so if your looking for modern amenities book somewhere else. My stay wasn't unpleasant, it was just a surprise. The place reminded me of the vacations my family would take when I was a kid, circa the 70's and 80's. I can't remember the last time I swam in a tiled pool and played and been in an arcade with games that cost a quarter. If your looking to reminisce about times long gone this is your place. Some parts were being remodeled, which woulda been good to know before arriving. Lots of workers hanging around with tool belts and jangling keys while I was trying to relax at the pool. They might want to change the water in the hot tub too. It smelled kinda funky. I liked the deep pool and my room with the pool view which I didn't find too noisy cause the rug rats are back in school. The place just needs a interior decorator....bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Des Moines Airport Holiday Inn & Conference Center, Iowa places you minutes from area attractions including Des Moines International Airport with 24 hour free shuttle, Blank Park Zoo, Science Center of Iowa/IMAX theatre, Iowa State Fairground Varied Industries, Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, Knoxville Raceway, Cownie Soccer Complex, Adventureland, Gray s Lake, and Prairie Meadows Casino. Our hotel is also convenient to businesses such as Wells Fargo, Allied Insurance, as well as area colleges such as Drake University, Des Moines University, Grandview College, DMACC, and Simpson College. If shopping is what you are looking for be sure to visit Jordan Creek Town Center & Mall, Valley West Mall, Southridge Mall, and historic Valley Junction Our hotel has over 200 beautifully decorated guestrooms, each with free wireless Internet, many with high-speed hard wired Internet as well. Many guestrooms come with microwave/refrigerator units, and our hotel has more than 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space with ample free parking for groups of 10-500. For your enjoyment we have an indoor pool, whirlpool, video game room, and ping pong in our tropical courtyard. Stop by our Grill restaurant, offering breakfast anytime, hot & cold sandwiches, along with steaks and seafood dinner entrees. Unwind in our bar and catch your favorite sporting event on our huge 68 big screen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Airport Hotel Des Moines
- Holiday Inn Des Moines
- Des Moines Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center Des Moines, Iowa