I recently stayed here for a single night due to a 2-day seminar I was attending. Service was decent, rooms are okay but need renovating. This hotel is right along HWY 235 going through the main downtown area of Des Moines. It is also located on the Mercy Hospital campus so it you need a close hotel for doctor's appoints, this is actually within walking distance of some of the medical buildings. Also close to the Wells Fargo arena & Hy-vee Hall; both are used for large tradeshows, conferences, concerts, etc.
There is a bit of hwy traffic noise and the walls are rather thin so be prepared with earplugs or headphones if noise is a bother. Main floor has a restaurant & bar that has lunch & dinner options. Conference rooms have been remodeled on the main floor but the rooms upstairs on the "tower" floor have not been re-done yet.
All in all, an okay hotel to stay in . . . will be better in the future after remodeling has been completed.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown Hotel Des Moines
- Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Des Moines
- Des Moines Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown Iowa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Downtown, Des Moines, Iowa. Come see our new Priority Club Executive Level with the new Holiday Inn bedding. Our convenient downtown location provides the ideal setting for both business and leisure travel. With convenient access to Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, Veterans Auditorium, Des Moines Civic Center, Iowa State Fairgrounds, and Mercy Hospital, you can not go wrong when you stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Located in the heart of Des Moines, we are minutes away from an assortment of entertainment options. Indulge and have a ball at Prairie Meadows Race Track and Casino, Adventureland Park, Blank Park Zoo or the Science Center. Also, exceptional dining and nightlife are just blocks away at the Court Avenue Entertainment District and the trendy Historic East Village. Downtown Des Moines is alive with special events every weekend, and our area shuttle makes navigating downtown a breeze!Relax, it's Holiday Inn. We offer free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, an indoor pool, and a complimentary downtown/airport shuttle. If you love classic American cuisine set in a casual but elegant dining atmosphere, then Genevieve's is the place to go. Whether your visit brings you to Des Moines for business or pleasure, allow the Holiday Inn Downtown to be your hotel of choice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Des Moines Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.