“over priced under staffed hotel?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines

Save Saved
You added Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines to your Saves list
Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines, IA 50322 (Formerly Holiday Inn Merle Hay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Des Moines

941 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ankeny, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The kids loved the pool and had a great time, but we were stuck in an "upgraded" room that had a hall on both sides. Trying to get your 1 yr old to sleep at 11 pm when kids are running the halls and the large party table outside your room is going strong is impossible. I could have had a conversation with the party from inside my room the walls were so thin. In the morning after taking my shower, I found out we didn't have any towels.
To top it off, as I was taking a load of stuff out to the car the maid walked into our room while my wife was in the shower (Extremely unacceptable). During checkout, I informed them that I was not paying the room and they are lucky that I wasn't going further. The front desk clerk said I'll have to put it aside and talk to the manager later as we had already authorized them to charge the credit card. I looked at him and said, I'm not walking away until you take the charge off my room, the other person at the front desk said just credit him out.

Room Tip: Do not upgrade unless you go for the most expensive where the beds are not by the hallways.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
La Porte City, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just stayed there on 14 Feb. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were out of rooms with 2 queens, so they upgraded my family and I to the Presidential Suite for no extra cost. 700+ square foot. It was very nice. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. No complaints. Late checkout...no problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines

Address: 5000 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines, IA 50322 (Formerly Holiday Inn Merle Hay)
Location: United States > Iowa > Des Moines
#8 Business Hotel in Des Moines
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Tropics Hotel Des Moines
Ramada Hotel Des Moines
Des Moines Ramada
Ramada Des Moines
Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines Iowa

If you own or manage Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.