“Top customer service, easy and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Des Moines
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Top customer service, easy and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was a one-nighter en-route to elsewhere but I was really impressed by the welcoming helpful attitude of personnel - especially my terrible curb side parking at the front door! Room was just what I asked for - comfortable, quiet and very clean. Dinner was great fun, using a 'meal-deal' voucher. It was a great stay and would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Iasked for a top floor room for peace and quiet, and got it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
rickylgaede, General Manager at Renaissance Savery Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback on your stay. I do hope you have the opportunity to return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

As hotel in the Marriott Chain of hotels, I walked in with certain expectations about what the lobby would look like, the rooms would look like and what amenities would be offered. I will state that I feel they kept up to my expectations for the most part. I will say the lobby was very clean, very welcoming and had many great places to sit and visit with friends. The elevator was an issue for the first half day I was there, they only had one up and running, so the wait time at the elevator was very long, sometimes up to 15 minutes. Once it was fixed the problem went away so the wait time for an elevator was reduced to less than 3 minutes at most times of day. The rooms were clean, welcoming and were a very nice size. Our room had 2 closets, which worked out well for all the clothes we had along. The bathroom, however, was very tiny. There was very little counter space for make up, curling iron etc., which is why the blow dryer was hanging on the back of the bathroom door and would bang upon closing and opening, which was rather irritating during the night. The staff for the most part were very friendly, I only encountered one person that was rather rude and that was most likely because she was the only one at the desk and seemed to be over worked. They could have used a couple people at the desk at a time on a busy weekend. Pool was great, but didn't have long enough hours and didn't open very early in the morning which was a disappointment, but overall it was a great facility. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling as it was in a very convenient location to many different land marks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
rickylgaede, General Manager at Renaissance Savery Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for responding to your stay with us. I am sorry you experienced challenges during your stay. We will address each issue to make future stays are challenge free. Thank you again.
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed here five times now and only because I am loyal to Marriott and the proximatey of the hotel to work location. The internet connection is the absolute worst I have ever experienced in all my travels and I travel every week! Furthermore, I got to have my football but don't plan on watching any football games in this hotel. The Monday night games comes on ESPN, which the hotel claims to have but the signal doesn't actually make it to any of the rooms!! Also, the Thursday night games come on the NFL network which the hotel also does not carry! So football fans, your [--]! The internet connection is the most annoying of all! Cant keep a connection for longer than 60 seconds. As far as comfort, the beds tiny, very uncomfortable and pillows are flat. I tossed and turned all night. Lastly, I'm a Platinum member and have never received an upgraded room during any of my five visits and yes, I ask! What a bunch of crap! Management, I really hope you see this and fix it! I'm sick of complaining to the front desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
rickylgaede, General Manager at Renaissance Savery Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I do apologize for the challenges you have had during your stays with us. We are in contact with our IT department to further enhance our internet service. We did have a problem with ESPN last Monday, and have since fixed the problem. Unfortunately, NFL Network is not a channel that we carry, but will look into it for the future. We do try to upgrade our Platinum and Gold members when we have the availibility. The past few months have been so busy upgrades have been limited. Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stays with us.
Bondurant, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were staying to celebrate a birthday and when we opened the door to our room, there were chocolate covered strawberries and a nice bottle of wine. Everything was first class, from check-in to our beautiful room. The room was spotless and the bed was sooooo comfortable! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rickylgaede, General Manager at Renaissance Savery Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your "birthday" stay with us. I do hope you will make it at least a yearly celebration with us.
Thank you again.
Bethune, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Loved the large corner room and it was great having 2 bathrooms, one was on the small size and had a tub/shower combo and the other was tiny with a shower. The room was clean. The negatives were that the thermostat did not work so we could not control the room temperature but it was not uncomfortable. My real problem is that the WiFi in the room did not work very well, kept losing the connection on the laptop, IPad and the KindleFire so it was not our equipment's problem. Had to go down to the lobby to get email so do do any work in the room was impossible. The front desk staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: If you need WiFi don't get an end room even though those rooms are largeer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rickylgaede, General Manager at Renaissance Savery Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I do apologize for the weak signal with the internet. We are working to get a stronger signal to the end/corner rooms through our IT department.
Grayslake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised a few different times when we stayed here. Free parking on the street over the weekend. A nice break from the valet fees in other cities. Then we arrived in our room and it was large, with 2 bathrooms. Plenty of space to spread out our junk -- and having 2 prep areas in the morning is the lap of luxury. The location was the next surprise. We like to walk around and take in the local fare - and this property offers a great opportunity. We walked to the local bar/restaurant area, found a place with outdoor seating (disappointing outcome but that is another review), then was able to walk around some impressive old formal buildings after dinner.

The price was good for this level of Marriott service; the lobby was a comfortable and unique space to hang out and people watch.

Room Tip: We were pretty far away from the elevator but didn't mind - but if you have a lot of luggage it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rickylgaede, General Manager at Renaissance Savery Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
The you for the great feedback on your stay with us. Our location to the local pubs and restaurants is the best in town. Thanks again for the feedback and for staying with us.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The desk was always well-staffed and I never had to wait for assistance. We received a lovely room on the 9th floor that featured two separate bathrooms, which was a bonus since I was traveling with my teen daughter. I was able to park on the street at no charge, as long as I removed the car by 7AM. Paid lots were conveniently located as well, but I'm cheap! We didn't try the restaurant, but it looked better than most hotel food and the bar was great and open until midnight. Bedding was very comfy, and we slept well. The walls were a bit thin, as was to be expected in an older property, but the charm of the downtown location and the historic feel of the property definitely made up for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind comments. We do hope your travels bring you back to Des Moines in the very near future.
Thanks again.

Been to Renaissance Savery Hotel? Share your experiences!