I've been in the hotel for 3 weeks now in one of their junior suites (relocating to the area). In no way have I been disappointed by the hotel (maybe a little by the attached restaurant, but I won't hold that against them). The counter staff has been the undoubted reason that this has been a great stay.
I don't consider myself high maintenance, which probably means I am, but the team has gone above and beyond to make my long stay here as comfortable as possible. Whether from ensuring that my room is perfect, supplying free detergent (It's a long stay), to taking an interest in why I'm in town so long, the team has made me feel at home. I could move to any hotel in town, as my company is paying, but I choose to stay here because of the staff.
While the building may be old, it definitely has the feel of a hotel that has been recently upgraded. The room has new furniture, updated single-cup coffee makers, and new largish flat screen TV's. And while it looked fine to me, they just re-carpeted every floor, too. Oh, and for you fellow workout enthusiasts, they have a VERY updated gym: large dumbbell assortment, and all of the cardio equipment is equipped with personalized TV's with headphone jacks.
I spend quite a bit of time in hotels, and I could not be more impressed by any operation I have seen. I am actually looking forward to the two more weeks I have here.
Holiday Inn Management: If you're reading this, please pass my regards to your front-line staff.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Des Moines - Northwest
- Holiday Inn Des Moines
- Des Moines Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest Iowa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest is located in the heart of Iowa, 1/2 block from Interstates 80/35 and Merle Hay Road in the Des Moines suburbs of Johnston and Urbandale. Within minutes of corporate locations such as John Deere Credit, Pioneer Hi-Bred, Iowa Public Television and Camp Dodge. Enjoy our indoor pool, hot tub and recreation area until midnight! Nearly 200 guestrooms and suites feature quilt-top mattresses, triple sheets and pillow menu. Executive-class suites are offered in several styles, from Junior Kings to the stunning Presidential Whirlpool with Rosewood conference table, bar and entertainment center. Hotel offers over 12,000 square feet of conference space, including 18 breakout meeting rooms. Meet in the elegant Iowa Boardroom or the Heartland Ballroom, which can accommodate up to 600 guests. From technical assistance and creative menu planning, to just a bit of reassurance, our meeting professionals can assist with the planning of your next best event! Enjoy complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet service anywhere in the Hotel or restaurant. Local guests enjoy the extensive menu and friendly Irish hospitality of our Bennigan's restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Des Moines - Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.