I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last year.
Great location downtown - attached to the SkyWay
Easy valet parking
Good bar / restaurant on site
The hotel is under renovation - lobby almost done, rooms not started
Rooms in NEED of an upgrade
Slow, noisy, cold elevators
Staff can be hard to find sometimes
I find myself agonizing over which Marriott / Renaissance to stay at in downtown. The Renaissance has new rooms but can be loud and small. The Marriott has old rooms but is consistent.
- Also Known As:
- Des Moines Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Des Moines Marriott Downtown Hotel Des Moines
- Marriott Des Moines
- Des Moines Marriott
- Des Moines Marriott Downtown Iowa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a luxury Des Moines hotel ideally located in the downtown business district just four miles from the airport and connected to the Iowa Events Center and Wells Fargo Arena by skywalk, making it one of the most convenient downtown Des Moines hotels. Dine at the delectable on-site Rock River Grill and Tavern, or discover the innovative City Center Lounge for casual downtown libations. Guests can relax in our sparkling pool or coffee shop and stay connected with our business center and free wi-fi in public areas. Highlighted by 25,000 square feet of space, this Des Moines, IA hotel is ideal for conferences, weddings, retreats and events of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Des Moines Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.