“Stay at Magunon Hotel Des Moines” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Des Moines Airport

You added Ramada Des Moines Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Des Moines Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1810 Army Post Road, Des Moines, IA 50315 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Des Moines Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Des Moines

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family and I were traveling this past weekend and stayed at the Ramada Inn in Des Moines IA- The service was horrible, the staff was condescending and the rooms were soo dirty. I found used clothing in my bed, and when I brought it to managements attention, they insinuated that I put it there myself-can you believe that-they told me that no one has ever stayed in that particular room before and that my family was the only family that has stayed their since they began what they call a "renovation"-Whatever!!! There was also a domestic fight early Sunday morning, which took several phone call to the front desk before the police was actually called-Really???? I bet we had two hours of sleep all night. Finally when we checked out-all I heard was complaining by the front desk staff about how they were sick of dealing with customers and their complaining. Scariest place ever-Do not stay there.

Room Tip: Check your room out before you actually pay-make sure the bedding is clean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had this hotel booked for me by corporate as I was presenting a seminar in one of the ballrooms. Upon my arrival the front desk staff was not very interested in assisting me with any questions I had regarding the ballroom setup for the presentation. The hotel is in very bad shape. Maintenance and remodeling is definitely not the ownerships priority. Rooms had very old furniture and bathrooms not in good repair. If I return to the area I will definitely avoid this hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stoughton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in Des Moines and it works very well for us. This is the third time we've stayed here and have been comfortable each time. This time we were in an interior room and it got a little warm, even though it was minus 5 outside and we had the air conditioner on, we didn't sleep well. The complimentary hot breakfast is adequate and filling. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place sucks!!! I came here on a trip so i didnt choose this hotel. The beds had pubic hairs all in them. The sheets have bed bugs. The air conditioner wasnt cleaned since last century so it makes the air all musty and gross. I instantly had a headache when i walked in the room because the air conditioner contaminated the air. The complementary breakfast was served with cold eggs and the toasters didnt even work either. The floor was sticky and my flip flops fell off a few times because they kept sticking the floor. A motel 8 would have been better than this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AirportHotelDSM, General Manager at Ramada Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry you did not have a stay that met your expectations and I would like to assure you that there are no bed bugs on this property. We do strive to provide a very clean and comfortable guest room and your issues were discussed with our housekeeping department. We have made some staffing changes including management in both the hotel and restaurant and currently renovating the property so I hope you give us another opportunity the next time you are in Des Moines.
Marshalltown, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Was in Des Moines for a conference and this hotel worked out well. We were in an interior room and it was a bit musty when we 1st arrived, but after running the A/C it was better. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. We really enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. The free WiFi was also appreciated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again for a short time.

Room Tip: Inner rooms smell musty.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you staying with us while in Des Moines!

Been to Ramada Des Moines Airport? Share your experiences!