“Exceeded expectations for an economy hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Des Moines
Wentzville, Missouri, United States
“Exceeded expectations for an economy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My five star rating takes into consideration the class of hotel certainly. But, for a very affordable economy hotel this one ranks towards the top. When you are just looking for a clean room, warm bed, and hot shower at a value in Des Moines, this is the place to stay. Staff is friendly....and location is convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our two day stay at the Econolodge in Des Moines was very comfortable. The room was clean and furnishings were updated. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The hotel is dog friendly as well, and they were happy to welcome our furry friend. The staff let us play games in the lobby with our friends and dog, and baked cookies in the evening. Hotel grounds were well kept and felt safe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location is great. It is literally across the street from the Iowa State Fairgrounds. It has a pool, which is nice for the kids and a free continental breakfast. We were there for a horse show and this hotel was very adequate for that. If you are looking for a nice family vacation get-away, I would not choose this hotel. They were training a lot of staff while we were there, so check in took a while.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the parking lot are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This property is across the street from the State Fairgrounds - where I was attending an event. This is a pain and simple motel type lodging. I found the room and facility clean and neat with friendly staff. The breakfast leaves a LOT to be desired. Anything more than juice and coffee was poor quality. There are some eateries within walking distance (diner and bar/grill) but most of the chain type restaurants are a few miles to drive to...

Room Tip: Rooms facing East are toward the racetrack - if there's a race on...you'll hear it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had 2 suites for 1 night for a wedding we were attending at the fairgrounds which were located directly across the street. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well worth the price paid. I was happy with the service and it included continental "hot" breakfast which was great.

Room Tip: we got a suite for $10 more and it was nearly 2X the size of the normal rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I hope you come back and stay with us again.
Hopkinton, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Paid 200.00 for a room I was told I never had. I made a reservation 1 year in advance and they made me put my reservation in seperate names. Who does that? Then when I called 10 months later they told me I only had one room only to find out after the first night of our stay that I had two rooms and I had been charged for the empty room full price and they would not refund me a penny. Very poor management and high priced for a low end hotel. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heather C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I'm sorry that you feel it necessary to post this kind of review. when the problem was that YOU made two reservations in two seperate names and paid for the two rooms and then YOU forgot. At which time you wanted us to take responsiblility for your not checking into the second room. You felt like we should have told you that we had mulitple rooms for individuals with the same last name and that is against our safety policies. We also provided you with mulitple confirmations. So I do apologize for any confusion.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'm in Des Moines twice per month for work and I stayed here on July 29th. It is on a busy road however my room was 3rd floor rear and I never heard a thing. The hotel is a good value for the money. I tried this hotel after having a horrible experience at another Des Moines property and would definitely return.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We have recently updated our rooms. So please come agian, I am sure you will enjoy the new bedding.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!