“hotel was nice - check in was very long found mouse in room...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Des Moines

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fairbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Room was clean but had a slightly bad odor. Water was hot and good pressure. Breakfast was OK but sausage was bad- actually was little smoky links! Building showing age. fine for our business trip but wouldn't take my wife.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel with our soccer team. At first we were put in this scary back building that had no lock on the door. The building next to this back building was an unmarked bar and adult book store. I went to the front desk and asked for my daughter and I to be moved to the main building because we didn't feel safe. The front desk person was very nice and said she would move us no problem but she had to get permission from her Supervisor. The Supervisor lady came in from behind the building (fresh off her smoke break) and yelled that there were no rooms available. I told her that I didn't care what type of room we had I just wanted something in the main building. Her answer was sorry no rooms. She starts to walk away it then turns around and tells me there is a room available if I am willing to pay an additional $155 per night. On top of the $200 I was already paying. I told her that at this point I would do anything to get out of the back building. She looked at me like she couldn't believe I would do that, and them glared at me. The nicer front desk lady took it from there and it got taken care of. I will never go back to that hotel EVER! If you have a choice stay at a different Baymont Inn but stay AWAY from this one and their horribly crabby Supervisor. Yikes!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites of Des Moines? Share your experiences!