“Very comfortable for the night!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Des Moines
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Very comfortable for the night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, last night. Our room,108, has been updated, new bedding, great matresses, flat screen TV, new fridge and microwave. Good breakfast, waffles, eggs oatmeal, pastries, good coffee. Would definetly stay here again. Fantastic matresses!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
PALO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel did not look like the photos online. It is much older and dated. I asked for a room above the first floor, but was told that there weren't any available. The room smelled musty. Very disappointed and won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am relocating to the area, and will be staying in hotels for the next 2 months (I'm 5 days into my stay at the Baymont Inn. My company booked this (thankfully only for the first week) to see how it was. I was looking forward to the on-site laundry, dry cleaning, and work out facilities, as I'm away from home for some time. Unfortunately, almost every amenity is either grossly exaggerated, or a flat-out lie:

1) One public Washer and Dryer for the entire hotel... the dryer is out of service. (no clothes-lines either, if you were wondering).
2) I dropped my dry-cleaning off at the front desk early in the morning, as I needed a shirt for the next day. The website, as well as the dry-cleaning form in-room, said same-day service. When I arrived back at the hotel at 7:30 PM that night, I was informed by the front desk that "Oh yeah, I guess our dry cleaning company is out of business. We just put your clothes back in your room". It was AWESOME to have to buy new clothes in a panic for work...
3) The work-out facility has exactly 4 machines: A weight bench that has a non-fitting bar (EXTREMELY dangerous), a treadmill that is massively mis-calibrated, a completely broken elliptical machine, and a recumbent bike that is around 10 years old.

The room is the kicker. I'm in the Jacuzzi suite, which is decently sized. It has ONE window-mounted A/C unit in the living room for the entire suite. To make matters MORE fun, it was turned off when I checked in... in August... with two months worth of luggage. By the NEXT DAY it had finally cooled down below 85 - 90 degrees.

-The wallpaper, desk laminate, and most of the trim is peeling significantly.
-There are zero convenient outlets in the room.
-The hot water went out randomly tonight (about the last two hours). The response was "yeah, maintenance isn't hear right now. If it's not up tomorrow, we can give you access to another room to shower". INCREDIBLE customer service if I do say so myself.
-When I asked to leave my number for the manager to contact me, regarding the $3 - $4,000 they're going to lose by me switching hotels on Saturday, I was informed that "they are on vacation in Indiana, so they won't be back this week". PERFECT!

I'm going to go take my cold shower now, and count the minutes until I check-out on Saturday. Extreme misrepresentation (their tripadvisor rating is altered on their website, too, by the way, from what tripadvisor.com shows), and INSANELY costly/negligent customer service. If they were willfully trying to go out of business, they couldn't do a better job than they are now.

Room Tip: If this is your only option, you're better off sleeping in your car.
DeWitt, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has a very nice lobby area, but the rooms need a lot of updating. We did not stay in the main building and it really bothered us that the doors were not locked to the outside public. Typically you have to use your room key to enter, but that was not the case at this hotel. Anyone could have walked in off the street and came into the hallway where are rooms are. The beds were very uncomfortable and sagging in the middle. Breakfast was good in the morning and had a nice variety.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after walking out of another motel for smelling like smoke. This hotel was great, with great service, and friendly staff. The king bed was large and clean. The room was spacious and clean. It had a coffee pot and hair drier. The Continental breakfast was better than most. It had a waffle maker, fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, tater tots, and biscuits and gravy. Of course all of the beverages as well. It also has a warm pool, indoor Jacuzzi, and a gym. Free and fast Wifi also.

Here's the rub: this was not the hotels fault, and was completely out of their control. We were awoken at 3:30 in the morning by 14 gunshots coming from a seedy bar about 100 yards from my window. I am a Marine, it was a 9mm. This has nothing to do with the hotel, but it should be mentioned. Nobody was hurt in the incident. I don't know what time they stop serving alcohol in Des Moines, but....this bar needs to be shut down. I went to the bar parking lot the next morning to look for a shell for a souvenir, and found only broken glass and beer cans. Again, this was an isolated incident I'm sure, but I had to mention it. The hotel seemed to be in a good part of town.

We ate at the Fuzion Cafe (Viet/Thai) down the street, which I also reviewed.

I would recommend the hotel.

Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed on night on August 2nd-3rd and was not disappointed. Was here for a school field trip and was happy with a $75 rate. Everything was as nice as expected. The game room had five games, the rec room had pool tables and a big TV. We were there the day before a race so there were a lot of semi driver and other drivers here which was find. They were friendly. The pool and hot tub was clean, but a little too much chlorine in the Hot Tub.

The rooms we had were very nice. One room's microwave did not work, but no big deal. There was also a 24 hour convenience store in the hotel and the prices weren't terrible (what you'd expect from a gas station).

The free breakfast was awesome. Had sausage, biscuits and gravy and pretty much everything else a continental breakfast has at other hotels. Even though it was next to the airport, we didn't hear any airplanes. Rooms were also next to the elevator and laundry room and we didn't hear anything.

Staff was friendly and personable. Would definitely stay again for the price we got for the school. Only setback was the internet was kind of slow most of the time. Otherwise, I do recommend.

Awesome trip.

Room Tip: Our rooms next to the elevator were 118, 119 and 122. The 100-117 were next to the pool so if you d...
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This facility is right off the interstate and is of a typical room layout. Reasonable rates ($90), everything worked, no surprises. Baymont has a hot tub and an indoor pool. Hot tub had foam and burnt my eyes when the jets were turned on. I didnt stay in long. The breakfast was very good selection. In addition to the traditional pastries and juices, Baymont adds sausage gravy, biscuits, tater tots, eggs, and little sausages.

I would recommend as long as you are ok with a middle-tier facility; not the Super-$29.99 type of facility but not a $200+ per night top tier four star.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites of Des Moines? Share your experiences!