“The very best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Des Moines, Iowa
“The very best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The wait staff is excellent, the food is even better and they have a salad bar that is not very large but I love going there just for their Salads. They are fresh, and it is always clean and neat, and they have Shoestring potatoes to place on top of your salad and they are also very fresh.The restaurant is very clean and very well managed. Just a great place to eat. Love this place 120 %.

Visited December 2012

Indianola
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Spaghetti Works is a great place to eat. The service is always great. The food is always good. They have a great variety of choices on their menu...including a great wine list. Very reasonable prices and very generous portions. In fact, their spaghetti is 'all you can eat". Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
Tipton, Iowa
“Pasta can't be beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went around 5pm and it wasn't busy yet, so we got right in. My boyfriend had ALFREDO CHICKEN & MUSHROOM BAKE and I had CHICKEN PARMESAN. They were both excellent. Next time though I will get the ALFREDO CHICKEN & MUSHROOM BAKD. It had a great flavor even though my boyfriend said it was a little shy of chicken :) Great service as well! Don't miss this place!

Visited November 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“looking for spaghetti eat here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

we love eating here it is so much fun. they give you all the spaghetti you can eat if you order the two or three combination meal. it is so much fun going down town if you are out of state please try this resturant. it shows you what des moines is all about. you can go out west but you can do that in any city in the U S. TRY THE DOWN TOWN AREA you wont be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, Illinois
“Not bad but overpriced for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were here on the night of the Color Run, so it was extremely busy. Despite that, our quoted 45 minute wait ended up being more like 25-30 minutes.

The food was OK, but I thought it seemed overpriced. The shrimp scampi was a pile of popcorn/salad sized shrimp over angel hair pasta for $11.something. I ordered cheese tortellini but got ravioli instead, which was fine. The salad bar was also just OK, with very small plates. I didn't need a huge salad but it was hard to keep the lettuce on the plate! Also, there was something in my salad that had an odd flavor, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Our server was very sweet but I suspect she had too many tables, as we didn't really see her after our food came until we were done eating. Luckily, we were doing fine and didn't need anything.

Overall, the food and service were just OK, but I would be willing to try them again at a less busy time.

Visited October 2012