There may have been a slight bump in the changeover between Suites of Locust and Des Lux, but it's back on track now--hair dryer, robes, and all. I enjoyed the intimate bar, the sumptuous breakfast, the classic/modern appointed rooms, the spa tub and amenities. They have an omelet maker on site at 7 am making omelets to order. Good coffee, plenty of fruit, breads, waffles, etc. The staff was small but made us feel very welcome and assured that they would do everything they could to make our stay comfortable. It was the perfect location for exploring the small, eclectic/art shops in the area. Excellent dining close by as well.
I had an early flight out on Monday, too early for their airport shuttle, but they made arrangements for a taxi (at my expense, of course), but the taxi was there waiting when I came into the lobby. I couldn't have asked for anything nicer than this stay at the Des Lux.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These are no ordinary accommodations The largest in Des Moines and among the most welcoming anywhere, many Des Lux rooms and suites indulge with fireplaces and whirlpools. From our King Executive Rooms to the lavishly appointed Presidential Suite you will enjoy an array of signature amenities and the satisfaction of knowing that you could not possibly have chosen a more comfortable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Des Lux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Of 800 Locust Hotel Des Moines
- Hotel Of 800 Locust
- Des Lux Hotel Des Moines, Iowa