Nearly ten years ago, this was the nicest hotel in Des Moines. It is showing a bit of its age as it hasn't been updated much and getting a little tired. Pros: nice beds and linens. Good location. Cons: Not connected via Skyway and Check-in always seems to take longer than it should. I have stayed here at least 10 times over last ten years and it is always "fine". Not necessarily overly memorable, but nicer than any other hotel I have stayed in Des Moines (over 10 others at last count).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These are no ordinary accommodations The largest in Des Moines and among the most welcoming anywhere, many Des Lux rooms and suites indulge with fireplaces and whirlpools. From our King Executive Rooms to the lavishly appointed Presidential Suite you will enjoy an array of signature amenities and the satisfaction of knowing that you could not possibly have chosen a more comfortable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Des Lux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Of 800 Locust Hotel Des Moines
- Hotel Of 800 Locust
- Des Lux Hotel Des Moines, Iowa