“Fun time” 5 of 5 stars

Omaha, Nebraska
20 attraction reviews
“Fun time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Had another great visit to Advenureland. I highly recommend going after Labor Day when the crowds have died down. We did all the rides we wanted to do with no wait time. Several rides we just stayed on and went a second time since noone was waiting. It was also great for group pricing as our party of 15 called 4 days in advance and were able to get the group pricing of $20/pp for late season. This is becoming an annual visit with our family. The kids (2, 4, 7) love it and my wife and I always have fun too.

Visited September 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Even better than anticipated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came here as a large family group the Friday before a wedding. Spent the morning in the theme park and the afternoon at the waterpark. We felt we could easily have spent a whole day at each!

One admission fee gets you onto all the rides and waterslides. Lots of rides and slides for all different ages and thrill levels. Lineups were not too bad on a weekday. Food choices were varied and no more expensive than you'd expect at this type of location.

The theme park is pleasantly shady, especially the lines for the rides. The waterpark has NO shade! We planned our day to ride rides in the cooler morning and ride waterslides in the hotter afternoon, but wished we had done it the other way around. Luckily we made my brother buy a hat early in the day so he wasn't sunburned for his wedding!

Visited July 2013
Clermont-Ferrand, France
“Awesome time with family and friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sunny or cloudy, water rides or dry ones, it's just fun with your kids or with your friends. You don't see the day go by!

Visited August 2013
Blaine
“Everything I remembered it to be as a kid, plus more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was roughly my fourth trip to Adventureland, and my first in 30 years. The last time I was there was 1983 when the Raging River was brand new. So much has been added since then, but I won't waste time with a "back in my day" monologue. Here's the lowdown:

The rides: the Tornado is flat out the best wooden roller coaster I've ever been on. Smooth ride (for a wooden coaster), basic layout, high repeat-ridability. The log flume is a classic. So few parks have them anymore, and it's great to see that this one hasn't changed. The Dragon - steel looping coaster that kinda rattled my head around in the neck/shoulder brace, but certainly fun. Space Shot - awesome view from the top, and the drop doesn't make you feel like your stomach is up in your throat. The Raging River has an absolutely RIDICULOUS wait time (over an hours) and it just isn't worth it, in my opinion. Hit it once when the park first opens and don't even bother with it again. Outlaw - everything the Tornado isn't. Rickety, bumpy, not terribly fun. Splash - cool family raft ride that spins you around as you spiral down to the drop. The water park - we took a dip in the lazy river to cool off, but we're kinda waterpark-ed out overall, so we skipped the slides there as they all had kind of a been-there-done-that look to them. The Underground - slow-moving dark ride through a mine-themed maze that wasn't overly impressive.

The food - it starts and ends with the burgers. The best kept secret in this park is the burgers. $4.25 for a HUGE double cheeseburger that puts Culver's and Steak & Shake to shame. Highly recommended. Everything else (funnel cakes, hot dogs, fries, popcorn, etc.) is standard issue, but prices are pretty afforadable compared to other places.

The staff - the retirement-age people are friendly, courteous, very safety-oriented (one scolded my daugher for boarding a ride too early in a soft but stern schoolmarm tone), and some like to talk to you while waiting in line with great stories of "I first came here 30 years ago with my kids when they were about your age," etc. I enjoyed their presence, made me feel much safer than if some hungover college kid was running it.

The atmosphere/decor - as many people have said on here, and I concur fully...hire a painting crew to spruce up the place already. You've got the makings of a nice-looking park there, but a little upkeep wouldn't hurt.

Overall, a great park. Iowans probably don't appreciate what a great place this is compared to other shockingly overpriced theme parks elsewhere. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
11 attraction reviews
“water park and rides and shows all in one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

water rides and slides and lazy river. Many different roller coasters as well as assortment
of rides for a great fun filled dayl you can play bingo watch shows ride a train Fun for all

Visited September 2012