This is an above average roadside motel, a good deal for your money (I paid about $75 a night for the room). The rooms have been recently remodeled with new furnishings, fixtures and carpets, flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. I had no issues with the cleanliness of the rooms or the comfort level of the bed. The only issue that I had with the room is the lack of soundproofing, I could hear my neighbor's TV and doors slamming up and down the hall. I also did notice a small amount of traffic noise coming from the interstate, but this was mostly masked by running the fan or air conditioner.
The public areas have been remodeled and refurnished as well. There is an exercise room for guests that use that amenity. There is also a whirlpool, but it is my understanding that it has been out of order for a while. The continental breakfast was typical motel fare (waffles, cereal, fruits, etc) and is served off of the lobby
The motel is in a good location off of I-80 and University Ave. There are a ton of chain restaurants and other shopping options nearby.
I would patronize this property again if in the Des Moines area again. This has to be one of the better bargains in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly remodeled rooms. Convenient location off the Interstate I 35 & I 80. Close to many attractions and businesses. Many restaurants within walking distance. Meeting facility available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Clive / West Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heartland Hotel Des Moines
- Super 8 Clive / West Des Moines Iowa