“Stayed at property for a wedding near there. It worked well...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport

Save Saved
You added Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 Hackley Ave, Des Moines, IA 50315-4482 (Formerly Heartland Inn - Des Moines Airport)   |
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Des Moines

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had an early flight, and this hotel was a great price right near the airport. While waiting for the group in front of me to check in, I witnessed a customer get slightly unruly, however Theresa handled it well. I'm here to tell you that you cannot be disappointed with this Days Inn. I have stayed in more expensive hotels with better brand names and been less impressed. The hotel was very clean, and Theresa appeared to be handling all of the duties of front desk, as well as other duties. She was very pleasant, and did everything she could to help us have an excellent stay. I needed to workout before I began my vacation, and I was more than happy to find that they not only had a fitness room, but it was nice and clean and cool, and contrary to the pictures you'll find here on tripadvisor, they also have an elliptical which was exactly what I needed. The room was better than expected, and breakfast was quite a nice surprise as well, including biscuits and gravy. Next morning, there was Theresa, happily helping the guests. My oh my, she is busy and so very helpful, they need to keep her. Before booking at Days Inn, we drove by Motel 6 (scary) and also went to AmericInn to inquire about pricing. AmericInn looked to be of equal or lesser quality, but was 20 dollars more. We then went to see the pricing at Days Inn, and I'm glad we did. The beds were a little hard if I have to say anything negative, but they weren't bad at all. If they put better beds in this hotel, you might expect them to double the price as the quality of everything else exceeds what you might expect from Days Inn. Thanks for helping us get a good comfy night's rest after a good workout, followed by a very decent breakfast, Theresa!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shakopee, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have stayed (family of 4) at this motel many times when we make our yearly trek down to the State Fair. The room s are clean and well-maintained, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We get a "family suite" room, which is larger and has 2 double beds and a full-size hide-a-bed sofa. The beds are OK, but we always miss our pillow-top KingsDown when traveling.

The room has a large flat-screen TV mounted on the wall and a Fridge and Microwave. I believe all rooms have these. The swimming pool is clean and maintained, but don't plan on holding party in there - There is not room for anything other than the pool and a few chairs around the edge.

It is across the street from the airport, but we have never heard any planes. Not extremely close to anything in particular, but there are gas stations and a 24-hour grocery store about 2 blocks away.

The motel is located next to several other motels, and the neighborhood is quiet and nice.

The only complaint I have is that the motel is quite large - a lot of rooms, but the breakfast area is quite small and crowded. They have the normal breakfast fare including waffles and SOS.

A "better" Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport

Address: 1901 Hackley Ave, Des Moines, IA 50315-4482 (Formerly Heartland Inn - Des Moines Airport)
Location: United States > Iowa > Des Moines
#4 Best Value Hotel in Des Moines
#5 Romantic Hotel in Des Moines
#6 Business Hotel in Des Moines
#6 Family Hotel in Des Moines
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites - Des Moines Airport Hotel Des Moines
Days Inn And Suites - Des Moines Airport Iowa

If you own or manage Days Inn and Suites - Des Moines Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.